I-751 - missing item

garrulito

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone, I was dumb enough to forget to send the 2 passport size pictures required by form I-751. Does anyone know if this would merit denial or RFE?

Any comments will be much appreciated.

you are not supposed to send passport pictures with your i-751 application, as far as I know. That's a requirement for those applying from US territories/milit bases or somewhere like that.
Read I-751 instructions carefully on the uscis.gov website. It's clearly stated therein.

You are correct. I just re-read the instructions and they are required only as an exception item. Thanks!

I-751 is taking a long time, should I just go ahead and apply for Citizenship?

hi Everyone
As many people discussed here in this forum, I-751 seems delay quite a bit in Vermont service center.
I am wondering can I just go ahead and file for citizenship, with or without my I-751 being approved?
My one year Green card extension is expiring in 3 months, and I am still waiting for my I-751 approval. I don't want to not be able to work. So I am thinking about filing for citizenship now.
Is that okay to do so?
Will I be able to work after I filed for citizenship?
How long it might take before I become a citizen?

thank you all so much,

I'm sure you would have an option of getting your conditional residenship extended again until you hear on a decision. However, I think you will hear something in a month or so. Think their processing time is about 8 months or so.

Im not too sure about applying for citizenship.