I-751, living seperate due to school

kimsoan

Hello everyone, I need some advice for my situation. I am currently on conditional green card (married to USC). We live together in Chicago for than a year now. My husband is going to graduate school in a small town in the East Coast. He only got accepted to that school and we both know that his education is important for our future. I have a pretty good job in Chicago (in finance industry) and with this down economy, I expect that it will be hard for me to find a job that is close to him. We have a lot of expense to pay, such as mortgage, his tuition, etc.

When it comes to file for I-751, what kind of evidence do we need to gather? We have a mortgage together, and we will be visiting each other often (I guess he has to fly more often because he's in school and has more time). I was told that we need to keep the phone record. That is gonna be a lot of paper, so I wonder if it is necessary to keep that kind of record.

I will appreciate your advice. Thank you!

here was my case

We weren't living together for the last year before our interview, but we were in the same state. I had to get housing in another city caz of school situation too
I talked to my attorney and he said don't even mention it to them, so i didn't

Me and my wife don't have anything in common except our taxes, joint car insurance and joint cell phone bills, but a lot of pic.
We had no problem what so ever during the interview

Thank you very much for your advice. In my case, I think it's hard not to mention that we live apart because we will be in 2 different states. I'm planning to keep all the flight tickets and boarding passes.

By the way, did you have an interview for removal process? I thought we only have to submit form I-751 and supporting documents? Do you know what is the chance of being interviewed? I guess for my case, it would be easier with an interview.

here was my case

We weren't living together for the last year before our interview, but we were in the same state. I had to get housing in another city caz of school situation too
I talked to my attorney and he said don't even mention it to them, so i didn't

Me and my wife don't have anything in common except our taxes, joint car insurance and joint cell phone bills, but a lot of pic.
We had no problem what so ever during the interview