I-751 divorce and child w/ boyfriend

sami10

Hello everyone
I married with American citizen in dec 05 and divorced in july 06. My marriage was family arrranged and it did not work out at all so we decied to get divorce. our marriage was in Good faith but dont have any or no evdence since we live less than one month togeather. I live with my boyfried for last 14 months and I have three week baby boy with him. my boyfriend has business visa and he is not U.S citizen or GC holder. my GC set to expire on 03/03/08.

so my question is what should i do? what are my chances to get permenent GC by filling I_751? Do I have to find a good lawyer and how much it will cost me?

I am new to this forum and I really need your helps...

Tkanks you for your time and knowledge..

This definitely sounds like a case that can use a really good attorney. Remember it is not what you say, but what you can prove that matters. The timing of events is apparently working against you, immediately filed for GC after marriage, then quickly divorced, and shortly after.... anyway, shop around for an attorney and start gathering anything that may demonstrate that a good-faith marriage was in place. Good luck.

I think your chances are VERY slim.

Divorcing withing a MONTH? of living together? what about the time it took to process the GC, from the date you were married to the date you received the GC? what happened then?

What visa does you Boyfriend has exactly? a B1 business visitor visa? if so, there is nothing you can get out of him. And viceversa, even if you obtain the 10 yr GC, he could not get a GC from you for about 5-6 years.

You really do need a good attorney, but without evidence and such a prompt divorce I doubt you can do anything (ps: you should have filed I-751 after the divorce).

Marry this BF of yours, and move to your or his home country.

Actually we live togeather one month in USA and marriage lasted total 9 months. thanks for replay

Actually we live togeather one month in USA and marriage lasted total 9 months. thanks for replay

Does that mean that when you were granted your Conditional GC (Mar 06) you had already been living apart for 3 months? How did you manage that - or did you tell them that you were still living together at the time?

Let's see... Married in Dec, stopped living together in Jan, got GC in Mar and divorced in July. If you actually got divorced in July, when was it filed? I think USCIS would be very suspicious of the timeline

JMHO - but I think you would need a lot of evidence that the marriage was in good faith, as I think USCIS would definitely question the timeline.

Good Luck

do what some poster's recommended....get a good attorney. to be honest, your case does look suspicious. the fact that you separated within 1 month and divorced within 9 months will definitely work against you. plus having a child may look like you planned an 'anchor' baby.

Do you have some proof how you were introduced to your former husband and how it turned into an intent to have a good faith marriage? Affidavits from family members and friends?

One other question I have, without proof of a good faith marriage, how was your AOS approved in the first place? Or to say this in another way, what proof did you use during the interview?