Fonfam16

So, I had been having trouble finding a location for an Exam (either the doctor listed on the site wasn’t there, or that location doesn’t do it...etc. )

I finally found one that could get me in ASAP. I get there and immediately felt like I shouldn’t go through with it. But since my interview is coming up in January, I decided to anyway. I had told them over the phone that I am pregnant so I was surprised that they asked me for proof from my OB/GYN. I told them I didn’t bring anything like that because it wasn’t mentioned. All I had was proof of testing results from the OB/GYN’s website. I had also mentioned before scheduling that I did not have my vaccine records. I was told that that wasn’t a problem and it would be fine. So I get there today and they automatically price me for every vaccine. I asked them if it would be OK to take them since I’m pregnant. She asked me if I was pregnant (At this point I had mentioned it several times to the same person) and I said yes. So she flat out said “No vaccines for you”. I had read that it would be OK for me to get the flu shot, at the very least, since I have not received it yet. Also, the price for antibody is $150 per test, which I wasn’t told until right then.

Then comes the doctor. He asked me if I had been coughing, having night sweats, or difficulty breathing. He said this was for tuberculosis. I answered no. Then he had me set up on the chair and checked my ears, eyes and mouth. Then he had asked me if I could move my limbs. I showed him that I could. And that was all that was done. He literally said that the government has him doing “stupid paperwork that is unnecessary.” The way he was talking and the way he looked literally had me questioning if he was a real doctor. Ended with saying I was fine.
I had asked him about the vaccinations since I don’t have a record to show and I can’t get them, what would be best to do? He told me he had no idea!! He told me he doesn’t understand that portion! Said all he does is the exam part and that’s it. He told me to ask one of the nurses (who also seemed very clueless). At this point I was like “well YOU have to fill out the paperwork..how do you not know?” He seemed off to me. So much so that I left crying because they might delay this for me.

I’m still shocked that he’s a civil surgeon. I really am thinking about going elsewhere because I just felt so unimportant at this location and like they don’t have a clue about the I-693.

What do you all think? Is there something I can do if I don’t have my records and am pregnant? Thanks in advance!