I-551 Stamped on passports, do I still need to work for sponsor company.

Damnit

Registered Users (C)
I-551 Stamped on passports, do I still need to work for sponsor company. My Lawyer is asking to do so. I dont want to and I have much better offer. What do I do? Please suggest.

Damnit said:
I-551 Stamped on passports, do I still need to work for sponsor company. My Lawyer is asking to do so. I dont want to and I have much better offer. What do I do? Please suggest.

There are so many threads regarding this topic in this forum.

If you are planning to get US citizenship later, then you may want to reconsider quitting your company (GC sponsorer) now. This is to prove later during citizenship process that you had intent to work for your sponsorer after getting GC.

But the questions is "How many months would be enough to prove that you had intent to work for your sponsorer after getting GC?"

If you ask this question, you will get several answers. Nobody knows this for sure. To be in a safer side (during Citizenship process), its better to work for 3-6 months atleast.

Most of lawyers recommend continuation of work for 6 months to 12 months for sponsor after your GC approval.

Damnit said:

I am writing this on behalf of a friend of mine who has a slightly different situation. His 485 was recently approved for a company A in city #2. He was working on the same job in city #1 for the same employer. Both these cities are in same CA and are 130 miles apart. He was wondering if he has to actually relocate to that location even though it is theoritically required based on the LC. If such a move is required, are there any suggestions on the reasonable time to work from city #2 before he can return back to city#1? Any suggestions / ideas appreciated. Thanks.