I-485 Waiting for Derivative???

madgu-gc2005

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Waiting for Derivative - Tracker

Hi All,

Please post those who are waiting for their spouse I-485 approval.

Primary:
I-485 approved on May 17, 2007

Derivative:
FP2: May 2, 2007
LUDs: May 2, 3, 2007 (with out any message change)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Primary:

Derivative:
madgu-gc2005, I really wish that you should completely out of this situation
USCIS gave you bed but not let you sleep.
I am no-where no bed. no sleep.

Hi assur,

Thanks for your good wish.

USCIS gave you bed but not let you sleep - Partially True :D

I am no-where no bed. no sleep - YOu will get king size bed soon :)

tsc_eb1or, congrats....looks like you got your Card...
when did you get the "card mailed" email?

I got approved on May 16th, 07...485 AD...and I got the "Card Mailed" email on May 19th...

madgu-gc2005 - Do you know if your wife's namecheck has cleared?
I got stuck in this namecheck hole for 1.5 years...

Hi banta,

I asked my attorney to call and enquire about the status. may be tomorrow i will come to know from my attorney.

1.5 years from filing 485?

derivate pending

We've been waiting for my spouse's approval for over 2 yrs now. See signature. Derivative recently had 2nd fingerprints done (May 5th) and letter sent to senator. No LUDs yet.

Hi Anya!

why the service center takes so long (in your case it is more than 2 years) for approving derivative case. what about your spouse name check? is it cleared?

any comments...

So spouse called TSC today

It was actually our very first call to them (which we wouldn't have made if the processing date had moved forwards :().

Officer: Texas Service Center, your receipt number please?
Spouse: SRC blah blah blah.
Officer: And your name?
Spouse: Blah blah.
Officer: Your case is assigned to an officer.
Spouse: Pardon me? (it was so abrupt and unexpected she got confused)
Officer: Your case is assigned to an officer.
Spouse: Does that mean everything is fine and FBI name check is also cleared?
Officer: Yes.
Spouse: So how long will it take before you make a decision?
Officer: Within 60 days.
Spouse: Oh, thank you.
Officer: Have a nice day.
Spouse: You too.

That's probably the tersest government officer we've ever seen. In fact, push-push-push-push those goddamn buttons and waiting for "the next available agent" was by far a longer time. The spouse was sooo ready for getting an uncooperative officer and armed with a list of explanations and questions, but the third thing the officer said was her case was with an officer. As for NC clearance it matched what we were told at Infopass in early March (it's cleared within a month). No idea why they have been dragging her case till now.

Hopefully things will go smoothly and they will go straight to adjudication, although we are still cautious. Looks like they say the variation of "30 days" "45 days" "60 days" or "90 days" and we have no idea if there's any ground whatsoever for the number of dates. We'll wait and see one month and then think what's next.

Hi tsc_eb1or,
I also got my card today....
Man, the card is just like an EAD card almost....

Congrats man. Take time off and relish it :)

Looking at a couple of other posts on the forum, it seems like my wife's case is going to take forever as well. No LUD as yet. (20 days since FP2)

Hi Magdu,

I am following your answer from another thread where I asked u about ur progress in 485 and you sent me a link. Congrats for your 485 approval. So it seems INTERFILING WORKED FOR YOU ??

If yes I think I can again start bothering them as I sent 4-5 lettesr to VSC where I had my NIW pending, but when they transferred my case to TSC they sent me back all my letters and enclosed a cover letter saying that ur case has been transferred. This packet contained all my letters requesting interfiling with Pearson's Memo attached.

Tell me what did you do to accomplish interfiling in your case, perhaps I can again start doing same although I filed my new 485 so was fearing that if I continue requesting interfiling then I would screw up my both 485 so after fifling new eb1 based 485 I stopped writting.

Share your thoughts and letters if possible, either here or thru private message.

thanks,

All the best for your derivative.

Hi All,

Primary:

Derivative:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anya!

why the service center takes so long (in your case it is more than 2 years) for approving derivative case. what about your spouse name check? is it cleared?

any comments...

Hi,
We dont really know the cause of delay. Our lawyer had enquired sometime last year and was told that all security checks are done. We have been unable to confirm this directly from any VSC representative. After my spouse's last fingerprints on May 5th, we called again to ask if everything was clear. The lady told us fairly rudely that all fingerprints older than 18 months were being re-done and we not call again for another 6 months. According to her this fingerprinting was routine updating of records and she would not tell us any specific details about our case.
After this conversation, we have sent a letter through our state senator. Still waiting to see if it helps.
BTW, we have not seen any LUDs after our May 5th fingerprinting.

Hi mogambo1!

YOu know what kind of problems i was going through (A#). Moreover my file was revolving in three centers (don't ask me why? :)). I sent interfiling request to all the three centers (letters by express mail). I am not aware how it worked. See this thread (i have given the format that I sent the service centers)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=249937

posting # 12

I do not understand why the service center sent all the letters to you while they transferred your file.

Now that you have filed another 485 and if you start sending letters again that might create confusion. I do not know where the wisdom is. Another member in this forum whose file got transferred from VSC ( he has got both EB-1EA, EB-2NIW approval) and he has sent several interfiling request to VSC and TSC. Still waiting for the approval. do not know the reason. he has not filed the second 485 application.

How are you sure that your NC is cleared? if it is cleared then why the service center cannot adjudicate your case. Real mystery for me.

Good luck buddy

I dont know why they did not adjudicate my case. I was told by Imm officer after using POJ method that our files are in in adjudication section waiting to be assigned to an adjudicator, while at other times when I tried to confrim this info given by one officer others told me that nothing has been done on your case, so I should wait.

I dont know whom to believe.
ANyway thanks I think I must wait. I have already posted a letter to them mentioning all this, lets see what happens or sel I will keep on bothering them. Thanks boss.

Hi mogambo1!

YOu know what kind of problems i was going through (A#). Moreover my file was revolving in three centers (don't ask me why? :)). I sent interfiling request to all the three centers (letters by express mail). I am not aware how it worked. See this thread (i have given the format that I sent the service centers)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=249937

posting # 12

I do not understand why the service center sent all the letters to you while they transferred your file.

Now that you have filed another 485 and if you start sending letters again that might create confusion. I do not know where the wisdom is. Another member in this forum whose file got transferred from VSC ( he has got both EB-1EA, EB-2NIW approval) and he has sent several interfiling request to VSC and TSC. Still waiting for the approval. do not know the reason. he has not filed the second 485 application.

How are you sure that your NC is cleared? if it is cleared then why the service center cannot adjudicate your case. Real mystery for me.

Good luck buddy

Hi,
We dont really know the cause of delay. Our lawyer had enquired sometime last year and was told that all security checks are done. We have been unable to confirm this directly from any VSC representative. After my spouse's last fingerprints on May 5th, we called again to ask if everything was clear. The lady told us fairly rudely that all fingerprints older than 18 months were being re-done and we not call again for another 6 months. According to her this fingerprinting was routine updating of records and she would not tell us any specific details about our case.
After this conversation, we have sent a letter through our state senator. Still waiting to see if it helps.
BTW, we have not seen any LUDs after our May 5th fingerprinting.

what was the FP code that your wife did on May 5, 2007? why 6 months? is there any written guidelines? it may be applicable if your date is not current. Better let your attorney contact the service center. You ask your attorney to call them once in 2-3 weeks.

nothing has happened in my spouse case.