I-485 (WAC-02-271-5xxx) got approved

anand pandey

Registered Users (C)
I would like to let you all know that our case (me,spouse and one child) got approved yesterday as per INS's e-mail notification as well as their web site. I am still waiting for my second child case to get approved. My case is AC21. Changed the GC filing employer after a year and notified INS (through HR of current employer and not through any Attorney) immediately thereafter. Didn't receive any RFE of any kind.

RD of I-485 is Aug 30, 2002
ND of I-485 is Sept. 4, 2002

Now my questions:
1. When can I expect Approval notice?

2. I am moving to another home (same city and few blocks away from current home) in a week. What is my option to avoid loss of INS/BCSIS document?

3. I will be sending AR-11 next week but do I have to inform INS as well for address change ?

4. Do we have to go for passport stamping at the same time? My children are overseas now and will be back 6 weeks from now.

5. Can I get PP stamping at SFO though my current address comes under San Jose?

This forum has been great help even much before I moved to US 2.5 years back from overseas. Thanks a lot to all the active participants of the past and the present.
-Anand :) :) :) :) :)

Congrats!!!!!!!! What were your FP dates?

------------------------------------------

wac-02-272-5****
RD:9/3/02
1FP: 10/02
Waiting for 2nd FP

Now my questions:
1. When can I expect Approval notice?

undefined Give a week or two

2. I am moving to another home (same city and few blocks away from current home) in a week. What is my option to avoid loss of INS/BCSIS document?

undefined Call BCIS and change your address

3. I will be sending AR-11 next week but do I have to inform INS as well for address change ?

undefined Yes

4. Do we have to go for passport stamping at the same time? My children are overseas now and will be back 6 weeks from now.

undefined No you can stamp your passport now they can do it later.

5. Can I get PP stamping at SFO though my current address comes under San Jose?

Yes.

My case is not concurrent filing

I got FP notice(second notice) 5 weeks and again(third notice) 2 weeks back. Went for second FP 4 weeks back and now I will ignore theire third notice. Mine is EB-2 case. I-140 got approved June 2002. Applied for I-485 in August'02 end when my family returned from overseas. Thanks,
-Anand

Congratulations on your approval!!! Now go and contribute $50 to immigrationportal.org, please!