I-485 VSC nov 98 approved

vscnov98waiter

Finally, our I-485 was approved. Here are the details.
Center: SC
I-140 (NEW, EB2) approved on 10/27/98
I-485, ID 11/16/98, ND 11/19/98
FL, 5/4/99
RE: G-325A (Biographic Info), and Employment letters for both me and my wife. Sent by INS on June 23, received June 26, Sent back June 27, Acknowledged by INS on June 29th (only my wife\'s was acknowledged)
Approved: July 13, 2000!!!

Few Points:
1. This discussion board was invaluable source of info; I am really appreciative of Khannaji and all the participants in this board. You will always find info that you need here. no need to call IIO\'s.
2.It seems like if you did change your home address (which by the way you are required to do; although if you are going thou the lawyer, you may choose not to), then they probably will send you an RE.
3.Do not ever volunteer information that are not specifically asked, for example if an RFE says one of the following: employment letter, Tax returns, Bank statements, send only the one that can be quickly ans easily produced, and not all of them. This probably takes up more time and the Officer may spot something that is inconsistent- and you know what happens then! Another few months.
4.Taking a new job during the process is way too risky, unless your previous employer can write you an employment letter. Although, I am still not quite sure if you are an NIW or EB1 case.