I-485 transferred from TSC to VSC.

prad123

Registered Users (C)
My adjustment to permanent residence application (I-485) was filed at the TSC.

My company is in NY (under VSC) and my company filed my I-485 application in TSC, since my current address is in North Carolina (under TSC).
But I-485 application was filed with my company address (i.e. NY address).

I-485 Details (Applied at TSC)
  Receipt Date - July,26 2001
  Notice Date - Sep,6 2001
  Finger Print - Dec,18 2001

On March,29 2002 this case is transferred to VSC
 (TSC - AVM says, this case is transferred to VSC)

Since my finger printing is over,
Will VSC use the RD & ND (issued by TSC) to process this I-485?
or VSC will issue new RD & ND in this case?

Can I use the Receipt number (SRC-xx-xxx-xxxxx issued by TSC) to check the case status at VSC? or VSC will issue new Receipt number?

If I want to renew my EAD & AP, Which service center should I apply?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Very seldom happens like this ..Guys please help him

so that others will know what they can do in this situation. Good Luck

Prad123

VSC will not issue any new number. Your case will be dealt with same SRC number. You can check the status with the SRC number by dialing the VSC phone number: 802-527-4913. I am posting this based on the experince of my friend who used to reside in same North Carolina and filed his I-485 in Texas,two years back. That time, TSC, because of work load, transfered some files to CSC and by the time my friend recieved his I-485 reciept, it has WAC number.After getting the reciept again CSC transfered those files which were sent by TSC back to it telling there is again work load and hence cannot process those in CSC. The process started in TSC with the same WAC number and the case got approved and my friend stamped it in Charlotte, 6 months back.
So good luck for you as your case may be on the top of all the files.