I-485 Tracker and Approval Summary.

Gking

Registered Users (C)
Please add and update your details in the following Tracker:

http://www.e-nairobi.com/aos/

I have summarized the approvals reported in various Discussion Boards in the last two months.

34 cases were approved in Feb. 8 cases have ND of 99, 8 cases 2000, 8 cases Jan-Apr 2001, 10 cases June-Nov 2001.

21 cases were approved in March. 3 cases (maybe all EB3) 1999, 5 cases 2000, 8 cases Jan-Apr 2001, 4 cases Aug-Dec 2001, 1 case 2002.

There were less cases approved in March, but the good thing is that we have seen more approvals in late March. If this trend can continue, we should see lots of approvals in April.

For I-140, TSc is approving cases with ND between July 2001-Feb 2002. I think by April 15 or the end of April, almost all the I-140 cases with ND before Jan 2002 and lots of cases with ND of Feb 2002 should be processed (if lots of the IIOs decide to take long spring breaks like lots of us, there may be different story). By that time some IIOs should be shifted to I-485 team. I think by Oct 2002, the I-485 processing time should be reduced to less than 6 months. But again, we should experience the big random processing until then or even later.

No Title

Here you go - GKing.. That\'s what I was missing for the last few weeks.. You are unparallel - so are your insight, analysis and endeavor....

Thanks so much....

No Title

Yes but according to that news, 30-day approvals are only for EB3 cases. EB3 I-140s get approved faster than EB2/EB1 cases. But one can only hope that the approvals are faster for these categories too.

Q: If so many of these new I-140s get approved, won\'t it clog the I-485 applications? There are already 75,000 pending at TSC. Any idea if the PD might retrogress in the coming months?

Yes. I think this will definitely clog I-485 processing. I hope TSC

will not retrogress PD (based on the current incidents). If they do, then INS director will be in a difficult position to justify his actions. Without PD retrogress, just they will process I-485 applications as usual. Hope all IIOs who currently working on I-140, will be allocated to I-485 processing (it\'s just my wish).

Hi Gking

What about your application. did you get your RD/ND. I didn\'t see your name in the tracker. My application was sent on 03/29/2002. How long it takes to get the RD.

Thanks

About a week.

Mine was sent sometime around 03/23. Both the RD and ND are 03/27, got receipt for EAD on 04/01, haven\'t got receipt for I-485, but it should be soon because I checked my bank account online, all the checks are posted, and I event got my tracking number from the check image online.

sent my 485 application on 3/25/02 .........

my attroney sent 485 on 3/25/02... yet to receive the reciepts...

Are there two receipts for EAD and I-485?

Are there seperate SRC# for EAD and I-485? How we get it. To the applicant or attorney?

No Title

Yes, there are seperate SRC #s for AP, EAD and 485. Your attorney should get the receipts. They should give you the original (keeping a copy for themselves ofcourse). You need the original notice to enter back to US (if you use your AP).

For every form you submit, you will get a receipt.

Both my wife and I submitted 485, 131 (AP), 765 (EAD). We got 6 receipts with 6 different SRC numbers. I did not have any attorney, so I got all receipts. Sent whole package 1/3, got 6 receipts in 6 mails on 1/9.

Is I-485 original reciept notice is must for entering in US (if you travel using AP)??

GKing-can we request FP ourselves? Will this speed up our final 485 approval? If so, how to schedu

No Title

I don\'t think you can expedite your FP.. IIO/INS-REPs have a standard answer to it "... FP is done through computerized scheduler ... we can do nothing..." So basically .. you can only wait for FP being scheduled

GKing, I hope your prediction is right.

But it is not fair to those with 2000 and 2001 RD. I will check AVM Friday night. RD 1/8/2002, FD 3/8/02.

Gking

I know couple of people who got FP done in march but no sign of approval yet. So, I don\'t think your prediction or imagination is correct..

Does PD have anything to do with how fast your case is processed

are 485 cases processed in order of RD or ND or PD.....?

No Title

My I-485 receipt date is July 12, 2001 and Notice Date = Aug. 27, 2001. Had my FP last week of Nov 2001. Still waiting for adjudication.
Have any idea on when it\'s going to come out?

Thanks!