I-485 through spouse.I am on h1b.do i need to file EAD to continue to work

rajeshGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, please help me.

I am filing for 1-485 through my spouse (since she is citizen) and I am working with a company who holds my H1.Now do I need EAD to continue to work once I-485 is filed or I don't need that.What actually happens to my status of h1B if I file for I-485 through my spouse.The basic question is that would I need EAD to continue to work or I can continue to work the way I am right now after filing of I-485.

Kindly help

You Can Continue To Work Like You Are Now On H1b You Dont Have To File Ead.once I485 Is Filed You Will Still Be Maintaining Dual Status And You Will Be On H1b Status Also.

rajeshGC said:
Hi all, please help me.

I am filing for 1-485 through my spouse (since she is citizen) and I am working with a company who holds my H1.Now do I need EAD to continue to work once I-485 is filed or I don't need that.What actually happens to my status of h1B if I file for I-485 through my spouse.The basic question is that would I need EAD to continue to work or I can continue to work the way I am right now after filing of I-485.

Kindly help

Hi. I read your earlier posts and you mentioned your I-485 got approved. So why bother filing another I-485? Just curious.