I-485 through spouse.do i need to file EAD to continue to work

rajeshGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, please help me.

I am filing for 1-485 through my spouse (since she is citizen) and I am working with a company who holds my H1.Now do I need EAD to continue to work once I-485 is filed or I don't need that.What actually happens to my status of h1B if I file for I-485 through my spouse.The basic question is that would I need EAD to continue to work or I can continue to work the way I am right now after filing of I-485.

Kindly help

rajeshGC said:
Hi all, please help me.

I am filing for 1-485 through my spouse (since she is citizen) and I am working with a company who holds my H1.Now do I need EAD to continue to work once I-485 is filed or I don't need that.What actually happens to my status of h1B if I file for I-485 through my spouse.The basic question is that would I need EAD to continue to work or I can continue to work the way I am right now after filing of I-485.

Kindly help

Oh boy. why dont people search this forum? :rolleyes:

To answer your question which has been answered here several times, you can continue to use your H1B even though you have filed your I-485. Since you have a valid H1, you dont need EAD. But if you want a safety net incase your H1 falls in trouble, you can use EAD to work. Its your call. Your H1 would be invalidated when your I-485 is approved or if you apply for EAD and use it.

Pl search the forum, there is so much information for you.