I-485 Status (explanation) question?

hopetoget

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am really new to all these terminalogy and to the forum too , I am hoping one of you guys can explain to me what all this really means, about my case.

I-485 (along with EAD & AP) for both my wife and I (primary) are applied on Oct '03 in NSC and are transferred to CSC - Laguna Niguel ( since I live in San Jose, CA) on Nov '03.

Both our status on-line used to look like this for about 8 months:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Status:

On November 19, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LOS ANGELES, CA for processing. Our office in LOS ANGELES, CA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then received FP notice for My wife and she gave her first FP on May 06 2004. On-line status did not change. Then first week of July we both received FP notice, We both did not get EAD until July 16 2004. After moving through the Senator's office, CIS transferred our EAD application to San Jose office. Then we visited San Jose sub-office and managed to get the EADs on July 28 2004. On the same day we both gave FP at San Jose (for my wife it was her 2nd FP).

When I looked up our I-485 status on-line last week here is what it looked like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Please note: this is just saying as received here and not specifying any location.

Then this Tuesday on-line status for my Wife's 485 changed to following:
Current Status:

On August 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

but mine still says the same thing:

Can you guys tell me how I can find out where my I-485 is being processed, or when my FP status will get updated , and what I can do about our AP?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

BK

This is OK. Your applications are in CSC and may even get approved soon, because if you look at the threads in CSC forum, you'll se that 660-660 status often ended in soon approval.

Job Change

Thanks for the hopeful news Ruxrux.
Hey, I am planning to change my Job in another month are so, what do I need to do? Would that be a problem? Here is my current status:

I-140 RD : 05/28/03
RFE : 04/04 , (asked for Latest pay stubs, W2s and EVL)
AD : 07/04 (approved last month)

I 485 RD : 10/03 (Filed in NSC)
TD : 11/03 (Transferred to CSC)
FP : 07/04

I have EAD (first one) but still working on H1. If I were to change job, that has to be next month and part of that I will have to move to Texas in November 04 (now I am in CA). I really want to take this job and move to TX. What do you guys suggest?

What do I need to do?

and what kind of impact will this do to my 485 processing?

Please let me know. Thanks,

BK

You can certainly switch jobs using AC21, however I know very little details on how this works. Please search CSC I485 forum and if you don't see your answer, post a message there. There is a high likelyhood that one of the users was in the same situation.

Confusion again!!!

Hey,

Today my wife's I-485 online status again changed back to the following , as mine.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 27, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 660 and 660 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

But it was quoting the following message until this morning.

Current Status:

On August 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Seems like it took a step backwards....

anyone has seen this before? Thanks for your help in advance!

BK