I-485 script

Hello folks

I found this nice tool in the VSC thread. You put in the receipt number ranges run the macro and it scans the status online site and reports the values back to the spreadsheet. I am not a power user of Excel so I did not know how to change the marco to scan our TSC (SRC numbers). IF any of you folks can do this and report back the findings in this forum for our benefit that would be awesome.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77182

Question to Jaideep

I ran the query and got no results in the spreadsheet. I included 50 SRC numbers in and around mine. Any tips to run this successfully?

This was awsome

It is a fantastic work done by you guys.
I could check status for the day on which I filled.
Out of nearly 1000 cases, 18 were of 485 for this day. 4 out of 18 have been approved. Last one approved is on 4/08/03. Rest three were approved last year in April/May 02.
I think all should check it and update the rest.

Procedure is simple
Open the link. It opens up like an Excel spread sheet.
Go to tools macros and than run macros. Rest is self prompting.
regards

careful

after a certain no. of requests, it says limit reached and prevents further queries. be watchful...

It also says the access will be blocked for certain time (does not say how long?).

My results

I checked the ranges from SRC01254-50000-50450 (a total of 450 numbers) and found that 24 were approved. Of these 24, 4 were approved on April 7, 2003 and most of the remaining were approved before June of 2002. All these were for receipt date of Aug, 2001.

Another thing I found was that when I ran this app at home I got the results display in the spreadsheet because I have a slower internet connection. When I used the faster internet connection from my office I did not get many numbers show up because I was able to scan in an extremely rapid rate.

If others could also report the numbers and the results we will know what the TSC folks are doing.

SRM
The script is attached in Jaideep’s post.

TRU

Are you saying that you got more 485 SRC numbers show up at home than at work? Thats weird.

Yes that is correct. I ran 100 numbers from work (fiber optic, don’t know the speed) and got perhaps 4 results. At home (56K) I ran the same numbers and got 20 something results.

tru: my results

Tru

These are my results. Checks the file. I ran it from office too. I ran it from src0124452000-src0124452284. they did only two approvals in 2003. That's it. They have not even finished receiving FP's of so many people.

Jai

tried to run the macro
for SRC-03-039-xxxxx range
since my 485, AP, EAD all fall into this

got plenty interest information

case no (for security purpose, i don't disclose full numbers)
SRC-03-039-xxx95 status: insufficient payment
SRC-03-039-xxx67 status: transferred

in this range, many case with status of resumed/FP received are 2003 cases.

we might be able to find any clue out of the result. since I am not good at summarising, some one would be able to make it possible.

Again good luck to all

some more stats

This script is amazing guys! Kudos to folk(s) who put it together. It clearly proves that IIOs have no clue when they provide "information" as a service to us. They just do their duty as they are told and tout the party line such as, "we are processing Nov 2000 cases ..., you will have to wait a year for your turn ...", etc., etc.

Now on to the stats. I downloaded and executed the script and searched 1000 cases that include all I485s for my ND (09/01). I found that out of a total of 37 cases, 17 (46%) have been approved, 10 (27%) are still waiting for FP, others have been rejected/transferred/resumed after FP. The stat shows that some action has been taken on at least 73% of the cases.

Among the 17 cases that were approved, most were approved in the first half of 2002. The latest case approved was on 3/03. There was no approval between 9/02-2/03 (about six months).

Cheers,

sg_rg

ps I edited my original post deleting the suggestion to share this info with our elected representatives. As other members point out later it may not be a good idea. So let us just use it to satisfy our own curiosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good idea

I think, any of us should not tell about this I-485 script to senators or congressmen. I don't know it is legal or illegal to see data like this and post in website. In my opinion we can see intrenal details of BCIS by using these software for having info ourselves.

Better keep it with us and have a watch on TSC working pattern. If they are approving 2001 cases and some 2002 cases it is good. It doesn't matter much if they are telling November 2000 date but are working on RD and ND in 2001 and 2002.

This is my opinion. By the way I was victim (that is what I feel) during my I-140 (it look 17 months) as I wrote many many letters to Congressmen and both senators from Louisiana.

By the way I keep coming here at least once a day.

Good luck to you all, you all are very wonderfull persons.

KP

I agree with Patel that we might be breaking some privacy stuff that they might have put in their website so let us keep the data to ourselves and see what is the INS pattern.

hello

still
what is exact path that you take to find out this info?
where shoul we go to access etc.
please give more info
what should i do?
thank you

This script was excellent, although discouraging!

I ran it from SRC 01-244-52300-53000. 56 cases submitted on that day, 22 were approved but back in Jan-Mar of 2002. 1 case approved in June of 2002. No approvals for the past 10 months. Very sad and pathetic.

12 cases had FP recieved in the past 4 months, including mine and my wifes. We can only hope something will happen soon.
19 still in Recieved only status, and 2 transfers. I guess I can be thankful that my fingerprinting is at least complete!

Keep the faith everyone.

how do i check the SRC status

All:

I am not a Exel Guru. This macro seems to work for EAC numbers. How do I make it work for SRC numbers.

Thanks,
redhat

How to run it?

I ran this program couple of days before. It was giving results, but I stopped in between. Then I am trying to run it again, but it says "Done" and not even showing a single case. I have deleted cookies in my system and tried again after 24 hours, but still no use. What else I can do to get the results? Thanks.

The only issue I have found is when you save the file after you have run once it does not run again so I rename the results in a different file everytime I run it. Perhaps you can ask the guy who originally wrote this macro on these questions.