I-485 screwed. Advice needed.

UE

Registered Users (C)
I received a copy of the I-485 documents that my lawyer filed to VSC. I found that of the four pages of form I-485, page 3 is missing. That is the most important page, on which you swear that you have never committed any criminal offenses, etc. There are two page 2, but neither of them has all the right information. One page 2 has me as a male,but I\'m a female. The other page 2 has my visa of last entry as H1B, but it should be F1. They also made the visa-of-last-entry mistake in my EAD application. Has anybody had this happen to you or any suggestions as to what can be done to correct that? I have talked with my lawyer\'s paralegal. She said that we need to wait for the RN. Once she receives the RN, she\'ll call VSC and ask what should be done in this case. I can\'t believe that they are so stupid. There are only three forms to fill out and they screwed up two of them! I would appreciate any suggestion.

No Title

you should have checked the 4 pages of I-485 form throughly before
sign your name on the bottom of the form. and also your lawyer can
not send it to INS without your signature for agree with what he
filled it out for you. am i right?

No Title

didnt lawyer send you copies to check before you sign the original? My lawyer did that.....anyways mine is CSC and not VSC FYI

No Title

I-485 reciept

I filed I-485 on Feb.1, 2001, but my lawyer hasn\'t got the receipt until today. Has anybody filed around the same time got
the receipt from VSC?

Thanks.

No Title

Oh, I swear I checked and checked before I signed. My lawyer gave me a draft copy and an orignal copy. He told me to sign the original and mark changes on th draft. They are supposed to move all my changed on the draft to the original. Some of the changes I marked were not moved to the original copy and they left out Page 3 of the original when they sent it out. They made mistakes and I\'m screwed up!

No Title

call IIO to let INS know the mistakes as early as possible. and ask the IIO if you need to send INS your correct I-485 once again now?

No Title

That\'s a good idea. Who is IIO? I\'m sorry I don\'t know that. And what is the phone # that I can call? Thank you so much!

No Title

IIO=Immigration Information Officer
the # to reach INS is (802)527-4913. their business hour is 8:00 - 4:00 i think.

No Title

Just called the IIO. She did not know anything about it. She told me to talk to the lawyer and she asked me why I hired such an irresponsible lawyer. Any other suggestions?

No Title

I did. She said I must get it corrected, but my lawyer should decide what to do.

No Title

yes. it is possible to amend the 485 after you send it in... ask your lawyer about how it could be done... shouldn\'t be a big problem...
good luck.

No Title

Don\'t worry too much. make sure your lawyer make a correct copy and send it to ins once you got your receive notice (so you will have your file and A No.). With your case No. it is easier for ins to put your correct form into your file otherwise your correct form may not be put into the right place. You have plenty of time to correct this.