I-485 rfe

letomd2008

Hi all,
I am providing an info which might be useful for those who got RFE on their
I-485 application:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On August 17, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS ..."

They have requested two things: 1. Copies of all my documents proving that I have been in US legally since my last entry. In my case, I have had to send them I-20, H1B etc.

2. They requested employment letter to prove that I have a permanent employment, which was a bit strange since both of my approved I-140 were self-petitioned and not employment based. I nevertheless got a letter stating that I am currently employed.

Does anyone know how soon they should process the response? My I-485 was filed to Texas and then was transferred to NSC.

thanks a lot,
Leto

Leto, thanks for posting the information. I just received an e-mail announcing such letter. I have not received the letter yet, but I hope it will be here very soon.

Have you heard back from USCIS on your application? just wondering how long I need to wait after that... any idea?