I-485 Rfe

mimihu

Registered Users (C)
I just got a RFE for my I-485(EB1-OR@NSC, submitted in Oct, 2003). It asks for a letter from my new employer, which I expected before. In addition to that, it also requests me to submit a description of my employment history accompanied by evidence. See the following:

"Please submit a brief description of your employment history since your last lawful admission on xx/xx/xxxx, to include the name and location of each employer, the date of employment, primary duties, job requirements, job title, and wages. This list should also be accompanied by documentary evidence that establishes your employment history.

Such evidence may include, but is not limited to: Form W-2; pay stubs; cancelled checks; complete copies of Forms 1040; or any other documentation which confirms your employment history. This evidence should serve to identify your original and new prospective permanent employer(if you have changed employers) and any previous employers since your last lawful admission. "

I filed the petition in 2003 as a research scientist and lecturer in a university. Then in 2005 I joined another university as an assistant professor. I never notified USCIS of my job change, but filed AR-11 for several times to update my address info.

My concerns:
1. Both positions involve research and teaching, but they are different in title and wage. Is that a problem?

2. I keep the W-2 statments and Forms 1040 for all of the years requested, but pay stubs are not complete. Besides, for the first position, the job title appearing on pay stubs was "research assocate", instead of "research scientist and lecturer " which I used for Green Card application and also the title in offer letter. Should I submit those pay stubs?

3. What else should I submit as confirmation to my employment history?

Your kind advice will be highly appreciated! Thanks!

have u filed AC-21?

If I remember correctly, EB1-OR is sponsored by your employer, NOT yourself so you are not supposed to change jobs. However, you could change job after 6-month 485 pending AND you've filed AC-21, otherwise your I-140 could be revoked since it is based on your original employment.