I-485 RFE Pending - Any affect?

QueenBee

Registered Users (C)
I had a question -

My I-1485 RD/ND is August 2003. I had an RFE on my case issued on May 26th. I responded to the RFE earlier this week. :rolleyes:

How long does it take for my I-485 to get approved? If it doesn't get approved by June 30/July 1, does that mean - that I have to wait until October as well? :eek:

Can someone answer my question? :confused:

Thanks.

PS: FYI, my PD is April 2002 (not that it matters)! :(

Hi,

Typically you should see approval within 2 weeks of RFE reply, but it can take anywhere from few days to few weks to few months to get approval after RFE. (sorry but thats the way USCIS works...unperdictably). My personal experience has been good, see my signature.

Regarding what may happen if you do not ger approval before July 1st, most probably its going to be bad news, and you will have to wait for visa to become current or past your PD again. It does not matter whther approval occurs with or without RFE, visa has to be available AT THE TIME OF APPROVAL. So pray you get approval before that, otheriwise the wait continues...

Pain and Suffering

This is neverending... In October they will go back to any arbitrary date 3 months to 3 years, This is really frustrating.
I hate NSC and all the farmers there... :mad:

I-485 Approved

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the email today that my case (I-485) has been approved. :cool:

Here are my details:

EB3 at NSC, COB - India, PD April 2002
I-140 - ND August 2003; AD February 2004
I-485 - ND August 2003;
RFE Issued: 05/26/05
RFE Recieved by Lawyer - 05/31/05.
RFE response Received by USCIS - 06/16/05.
LUD 06/17/05; AD - 06/20/05. :)

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE Details

My RFE asked for a letter from my employer asking for my current salary and intent for continued employment.

My lawyer drafted the letter and my employer signed it.

Thanks.