I-485 RFE -- Need Help

DSM_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Today I recievved RFE ..

You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country; only then will you secondary evidence be considered.

did anyone recieved the same RFE ??

My lawyer said that we have to submit the Non availability certificate ??

I was born in small village in India ?? so where to get this non availability certificate ??

Pls throw some ideas ??

You can get non availability certificate from MRO's office . Every district has one . we did the same.

DSM GC,
don't panic. Where did you mention u were born on ur application?? a village or city? anyways thats not the point; all you need to do is get in touch with district's municipal office or nagar nigam and they'll lead you to right department whihc issues these certificates. these are called not found certificates; if they issue in local language then don't forget to translate & notarize it in english.

its a common procedure to do and many of us has done it. i did it myself.

Hi GC0609

Hi GC0609 ..

Do u have sample non availability cetificate ?? If so can u send it to me ??

alternative paperwork

To add to Amcom. You need to have the following as an alternative paperwork.

1. Non availability certificate *
2. Two affidavits, one each from parents *
3. 10th class certificate (which shows your DOB, if possible fathers name)
4. If you have drivers license from India
5. Any certificates from College/University (in India) which has your DOB, your name
and any (or both) parents name.

Also USCIS is very strict about the dates mentioned on the RFE if you don't answer the
RFE by that date, you case could be rejected.**

Congratulations you are very close to being approved.

* is a must for I-485 application
** according to my lawyer

Thank you guys..

My village is having MRO office , is it oky to get non availability certificate from MRO office .

If anybody have non availability certificate templete , pls pass it to me .

one more question, my priority date is 02/2003 ?? what will happen if my lawyer submits the RFE response after 01/01/2005 ??

As far as I understand you should get the non-availabilyt certificate from the place which says as "Place of Birth" in passport.

If it is a small village then it will easier. I guess MRO/Panchayat etc shud be sufficient

SAMPLE non availability certificate

This is to certify that search has been made on the request of [xyz] son of [xyz] in the registration records for the years 1977- 1978 relating to [Local area] of [tahsil] and [district] of [state] and found that the event relating to the birth of [xyz] son of [xyz] was not registered .

my doubts : on the request of [xyz] is it oky to keep my name here and I have to mention some of my family members name ??

Thanks

DSM_GC said:
This is to certify that search has been made on the request of [xyz] son of [xyz] in the registration records for the years 1977- 1978 relating to [Local area] of [tahsil] and [district] of [state] and found that the event relating to the birth of [xyz] son of [xyz] was not registered .

my doubts : on the request of [xyz] is it oky to keep my name here and I have to mention some of my family members name ??

Thanks

Hi DSM_GC,
I have a hospital records extract which has my parents name but the spelling is slightly different than in the PP.It is spelled in English as we prononunce it in local language. But the extract does not have my name on it. However, I have been able to obtain a birth certificate with the hospital name and the parent's name as it is spelt in the PP.But the BC is issued only recently.Do I need to do anything else to support this. I have School certificate which has DOB also.
Do I need to get anything else.

Please let me know...