I-485 renewal within a month of turning 14th birthday

dahyey

Registered Users (C)
My brother recieved green card through my father's employment visa and now he has it for 2+ years.
About 4 months ago, he turned into 14. But, a few weeks ago, my father found a newspaper article states that a minor who turns into 14 needs to renew his/her green card recieved before age of 14 within a month of 14th birthday. And it was about 1+ months after his 14th birthday. I filed I-90 with $80 fee only for biometrics and it came back with a notice that fee is not correct. I called Texas Service Center and discussed with a customer service representative for 30 mins, she put me on hold several times asking her supervisor to get an answer and she was not able to answer a single question. Eventually, she had no answer to this matter and told me to discuss with my lawer or immigration service officer. Should I refile I-90 with $270+90? I found several answers that people filed i-90 with $270+90 also rejected in the same situation..
Anybody has a solution in this situation?
Should I file I-90 as replacement of GC to lost card?
Can my brother travel with old, I mean current GC, which has not expired yet?
If there is currently no problem with traveling, then should I file I-90 at his 16th birthday?
Please help.
Thanks!!