I-485 Ref

virginia-lucy

Hi, my question may be a standard one. My I-140 was approved. I just received an REF for my I-485 from Vermont requesting my latest two month earning statements and last year's tax return in addition to status check information such as past I-797Cs and EAD cards. My current salary is 25% less than the LC wage, but is fine with my H-1B. Will that be a problem? When should I get paid the full amount of the LC wage? Any suggestions or past experience? Thanks a billion in advance.

virginia-lucy said:
Hi, my question may be a standard one. My I-140 was approved. I just received an REF for my I-485 from Vermont requesting my latest two month earning statements and last year's tax return in addition to status check information such as past I-797Cs and EAD cards. My current salary is 25% less than the LC wage, but is fine with my H-1B. Will that be a problem? When should I get paid the full amount of the LC wage? Any suggestions or past experience? Thanks a billion in advance.

25% less seems to be a big gap. Can you get a letter from your employer stating that they will pay you the LC amount upon receiving GC? When I receive this RFE, my lawyer asked for such letter which fortunately my employer gladly signed. I am only <1% off prevailing wage. Your company should pay LC wage when you get approved.

Try your best to get such letter.