I-485 receipt !!!!

surferpal

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a receipt notice from INS after having submitted an I-485. I sent mine in 4 weeks ago and still have not received a response. I hope my I-485 was not lost in the mail. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the way we have been treating is absolutely ironic and bloody ridiculous

consirder me, i'm still waiting for submitting my I485 application next month..
sometimes i can forget it, but most time i just can't help to stop thinking it...
I'm young, I just can't imagine if i still dont get my GC till my 30
damn!I want my life! I have to get marry that time...

Originally posted by surferpal
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a receipt notice from INS after having submitted an I-485. I sent mine in 4 weeks ago and still have not received a response. I hope my I-485 was not lost in the mail. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
When I applied for I-485 more than 4 years ago, they received it in 45 days. I would strongly encourage you to check your status online. The INS allows you to check your status through the internet by clicking on http://www.immigration.com/frame/inscasestatonlinefr.html
Remember, you are dealing with the most inept agency in the history of the US government so be patient :(
Good luck.

Originally posted by kelvin2088
the way we have been treating is absolutely ironic and bloody ridiculous

consirder me, i'm still waiting for submitting my I485 application next month..
sometimes i can forget it, but most time i just can't help to stop thinking it...
I'm young, I just can't imagine if i still dont get my GC till my 30
damn!I want my life! I have to get marry that time...

I feel your pain. :(

Originally posted by jw1951
Kelvin,

Stop thinking this way. Enjoy your life to its full extent. You have your life now. You will be fine. Why can't you get married now???? :confused:

I can get marry for sure
But seems that's impossible to apply immigration document for my POTENTIAL fiancee outside the United States
Can't imagine that~~
:( :( :(

kelvin2088

Kevin, i submit I-485 2 months ago. i can't imagine i will still be waiting for my GC 10 years from now. :(

Originally posted by kelvin2088
I can get marry for sure
But seems that's impossible to apply immigration document for my POTENTIAL fiancee outside the United States
Can't imagine that~~
:( :( :(
kelvin, even if you have your green card now, your potential spouse will have to wait 6 years, I repeat 6 years, to get her green card. So, my advice to you is to find a nice American girl if you really want to get married.

How will be the status change marrying an american girl with penging I-485.Will it be faster???

Originally posted by shamshon
kelvin, even if you have your green card now, your potential spouse will have to wait 6 years, I repeat 6 years, to get her green card. So, my advice to you is to find a nice American girl if you really want to get married.

The earlier I get my green card, the earlier I can qualify to apply for Citizenship. Here's the point...:(

I have a son from my American fiancee .I think I am ready to marry now. I don't want to wait for 8 years to get my green card through asylum.

Originally posted by Gebre
I have a son from my American fiancee .I think I am ready to marry now. I don't want to wait for 8 years to get my green card through asylum.

best wishes for ur coming marriage:)
best wishes for my coming GC:(

Originally posted by Gebre
That is the best of the best options you have right now.

sessanga,
did you call the NSC office again . i remember that they told me to expect your green card by last january

Originally posted by shamshon
sessanga,
did you call the NSC office again . i remember that they told me to expect your green card by last january
The letter i got from INS states that i should be receiving the approval letter from 3 to 6 months which the 6 months will be in April.

I am sorry sessanga . I am not aware of any request made by you to me. Let me know what do you need and I will send you the info you need