I-485, RD Jan 17th, No RFE, still waiting, please respond

I485disgusted

Hi,
   My RD is Jan 17th, ND is FEB 07 2001. case # 01-098-5#####

I am still waiting for my approval, I have had 2 EADs and APs. My lawyer is filing for the 3rd AP at Texas service center even though our case is at NSC. Whenever I talk to her(my lawyer), she says that my case is pending and can do nothing. I am getting suspicious now becoz she is filing our AP in Texas instead of Nebraska. This lawyer of mine was hired by our company, now our company no longer contracts with this lawyer.

Please tell me what to do. My AP is going to end in OCT 2002. My lawyer says, my case is still going to take 8 months to get processed. 4 months to get it assigned to an officer, 4 months for the officer to approve.

I have tried calling NSC at 1-402-323-7830 several times during working hours, the phone line is always engaged. Repeat dialing does\'nt work, Can u also please tell me an easy way of contacting NSC.

Also, Can I send a letter to NSC saying the same??? or can I fax NSC with the same (Is there a fax number). Please let me know.

Thank you very much

Talk to NSC first

You should call NSC first. Talk to IIO & ask why your case is pending.

Also contact your local senator & congressman\'s office. Give them all details of your case & tell them that your case is overdue & ask them to find out what is happening to your case.

I think your lawyer is lying to you. Case should not take that long.

Hope this helps

Achiever

suggestion

I suggest that you call NSC early in the morning. It takes 30 to 45 minutes of constant dialing to get through and even that is not guaranteed. But so far i have had good success dialing in if i can sit there and dial for 30min.

You should definitely call NSC to make sure if your case is really at NSC and its status. You could also contact senator or congressman. Changing lawyer is also an option.

Hope

I have exact same RD and ND as yours. My case was approved two days after they received RFE response on May 22. They sent the RFE on April 18, and my lawyer sent the response on May 16. On May 20, they updated AVM and said they got it. On May 22, AVM said the case was approved. Hope your turn will be soon!

wisher!

For I485disgusted

Looks like you are in the same boat as me. My case is very similar to yours. Here is my case details RD/ND Mar,2001 FP April,2002. I called NSC and was told by IIO last week that, they are waiting for the I-140 approval notice. I asked him, from where it is supposed to come ? The IIO didn\'t give me any clue. Then I searched this website and found one similar posting. Then I called NVC and used my I-140 receipt number. To my surprise, the automated system says it has been sent to New Delhi in December, 2000. Now my next issue is to findout whether the I-140 approval is still in New Delhi.

Is there a way we can talk ?????