I-485 Question

PEARLJAM

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Thanks to the new concurrent I-140/I-485 rule, my company will be filing for my I-485 next month. My H1B visa expires on 30th Jan 2003. They will be extending my H1B visa, also next month.

How long does it take on an average for the I-485 process to be approved for the vermont service center's jurisdiction? Now, should I go for my H1B extension at all or just go for the EAD and AP option instead, via the I-485 process?

Please respond asap. And someone tell me why H1B transfer processes are called so when in reality, they have nothing to do with transfers and are employer-specific? I ask this cos' I am working for company X and had my visa transferred to company Y from company X while I was working for company X. But, I never joined company Y and I don't intend to join company Y ever as I love being in company X. I was and am employed full-time by company X. Company X has to file for my H1B extension next month and they have no clue about the transfer I did to company Y with respect to the I-129 petition.. What do I do with respect to this? Should I inform company X before they file for my extension about all of this, just in case? HELP!!!!!

PearlJam