I-485 question

jledezma

Hi there,

I filed for I-485 and I-140 on Oct. 03 of 2006. I-140 got approved last week, and I just checked the status of my I-485 online and I found this:

"On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I know it sounds good neews, doesn't it?, but is this the final approval? what else is it left? and what do they mean by "new card"? I thought they would send me appointment for an interview.

Please responde.
Thanks

This is amazing they processed your application in less than a month.I think you will receive your card in few days. Have fun.
Can you share your filling categry, service center, and when did you go for a FP?

I doubt its the final approval..are they talking about the EAD card? How can he be approved without the FP being done? Besides its not possible the name check would go thorugh so fast....not until he is the President of US....lol...I am thinking its the EAD card....

kulbikr said:
Besides its not possible the name check would go thorugh so fast....not until he is the President of US....lol...I am thinking its the EAD card....

Why not?
I-485 reciept: EAC0323953344
ND: 08/25/03
card ordered: 12/04/03
approval in 101 days

jledezma said:
Hi there,

I filed for I-485 and I-140 on Oct. 03 of 2006. I-140 got approved last week, and I just checked the status of my I-485 online and I found this:

"On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

I know it sounds good neews, doesn't it?, but is this the final approval? what else is it left? and what do they mean by "new card"? I thought they would send me appointment for an interview.

Please responde.
Thanks

Congratulations! It looks like you got through the process at warp speed - as long as you entered your I-485 number and checked the status for that, the message means your green card has been approved (if it were an EAD card that would only show up if you entered the EAD application number, not on your I-485 one).

It's not the first case I've seen being approved in about a month, especially if it went to TSC. As for the name check, FBI states that ~80% of requests come back with a "no record" within 48 hours (I'm guessing those 80% are not very active in immigration forums, where people often come if they have a problem, so it may seem that most people do get stuck in name check, although that might not be the case).

Don't worry that you didn't have an interview, most employment cases don't, unless USCIS has some questions about the application that can't be resolved with an RFE. If you already did Code 3 biometrics, you should expect your green card in 10 days or so.

kulbikr said:
I doubt its the final approval..are they talking about the EAD card? How can he be approved without the FP being done? Besides its not possible the name check would go thorugh so fast....not until he is the President of US....lol...I am thinking its the EAD card....
i have seen many people get 485 approved from TSC in 3-4 days after FP.... less than a month after RD of 485.....go to www.trackitt.com and check it out..

but not everyone is lucky........prepare to wait 18-24 months.....in case we get stuck in name check......good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, the fastest time for 485 processing was 1 day.
Me? waiting for 1 year and 6 months and might have to
wait more than the time I have waited so far....

fdfd said:
AFAIK, the fastest time for 485 processing was 1 day.
Me? waiting for 1 year and 6 months and might have to
wait more than the time I have waited so far....

from which country r u?