I-485 Question-Please help me out!!

mhasantx

I got married to a US citizen more than 2 years back. We filed for i-485 in September 2000. Recently i got a letter from INS notifying me about the interview on this month. Unfortunately at the same time i was having some family problem with my wife. So now she doesn't want to go for the interview. Please give me some idea what i can do other than convince her.
I got married to a US citizen more than 2 years back. We filed for i-485 in September 2000. Recently i got a letter from INS notifying me about the interview on this month. Unfortunately at the same time i was having some family problem with my wife. So now she doesn't want to go for the interview. Please give me some idea what i can do other than convince her.

By the way we are married way more than two years and have all the supporting documents INS is asking for. I am planning to go by my own. Is that a good idea? I was also trying to change the schedule, but i failed. Is there any lagal way open in front of me, if my wife doesn't want go for the interview, since we are still married and living together.

This sounds very unfortunate... You should try to convince her as I don't think you have good chances for being approved for the green card without her presence at the interview. If you guys are still living together and she is not planning for divorce she should be sensible enough to go with you. On the other hand, if she seriuosly is through with the marriage, I don't believe there is much you can do!

Regards,
Eszter