I-485 Processing Time

nbala

Registered Users (C)
I went for Finger Printing and I think it was approved on
Aug 16, 2002. The processing is at Vermont Service Center.
When Can I expect to get I-485 approved?

there is absolutely no relation between dates of fingerprinting and approval................Fingerprinting is kind of a part of filing application (like filling up the application form) .
The case is taken up by the receipt date(RD) which is given in the receipt notice for I-485. Ask your lawyer to give you receipt date and receipt no....Right now Vermont center is processing ccases with RD in October 2001.........Your RD must be in 2002 so I guess you need to wait for 9-10 months more. More if you want to check yoru status go to
https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp and type in your receipt no which starts with EAC.
You can also call 802-527-4913( off business hrs) and get the automated response about your case
hope it helps

There is no fixed timetable for approvals of 485. U will see people who got approvals in 1yr to 3 yrs. So don't worry too much abt GC since its not u'r hands. Here we are dealing with INS/govt org. Everything has a range and it differs from person to person.

I should appreciate the patience of priyagc and bakshi for their replies, for an innocent thread like this. The question in this thread is quite innocent and straightforward considering the "standards" dealt with in this website.

The answers are the best one can get, considering the time a person like priyagc has spent in this website.

It is safe to assume that until the new Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (under DHS) is fully established, expect some extreme bumpy rides or slow-down on I-485 approvals.