I-485 Processing Time Inquiry

EB3RIR_MO

Registered Users (C)
I took my mom to St. Louis local office for special registration and I thought while I was there why not check the status of my I-485 application. I once in a while use online status checkig but I thought they might be able to give me more detail info. And sure enough, she checked the status and said "they are processing Feburary cases so it should be another few months till they get to yours."

I am not sure how good of a news it is to some of you. I tend to beleive her since I received my first RFE few months ago and I am a May 2001 applicant.

See my detail on rupnet under user name persepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good to hear this EB3...and I believe this since BCIS cannot just sit tight on our I485 processing..they must have started working now ...so lets keep our fingers croosed...thanks for the info...

EB3RIR_MO

Something in your story caught my attention; you took your mom for a special registration ????

I thought only male non-immigrants 16yrs + are required to do that.

Any answer will be appreciated.

oopssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) My RD is May 2002. 2001 is incorrect and was a typo.

2) The RFE that I got few months ago was asking for special registration evidence. This got me a bit excited since it indicated to me that someone actually touched my file that early!

3) All males, females, shemales, … from terrorist sponsoring countries (!) are required by a new law to show up at an immigration office between 30 to 40 days after they arrival day and register. This is in addition to fingerprinting and photographing at the port of entry. That is why I had to take my 65 year old mother to immigration office last Friday. I don’t mean to create sympathy, but does this make any sense to you guys!?

4) Beer and Cheer make life a lot easier.

What new law? Can you please elaborate?

I am from an SR country and not aware of it. I did not register though, cuz I travelled on AP earlier this year.

Dear EB3,

This is news to me! My country (Bangladesh) is also on the NSEERs blacklist. However, my father who just visited was not fingerprinted at the Airport. He is 61, but it fits in the same category as your mother. Is there are new requirement now?
I'm curious.

I also had to do Special Registration this year, but will fortunately be exempt as my I485 was approved. I wouldn't be surprised if Ashcroft extends the requirement to Green Card holders if the Republicans keep the White Hourse in 2004.

rgds,
sadiq

This law is for citizens of terrorist sponsoring states not SR countries and not the countries listed in NSEERS program.

If I remember right these countries are Iran (my country), Iraq, Syria, Sudan and North Korea. The list might be missing some countries or might not include 1 or 2 countries that I mentioned. Go to state department website if you want to have the accurate list.

it is sad but needed

look inspite of all this we still have chaplins of the base ferreting out information to nations like syria.
all people are not bad but few bad ones gives bad name to all. it is time the normal people stood up and threw this bad apples out

I don't mean to make this a potical thread and in fact I was afraid it would turn out this was by sharing more than needed information with other pals.

If you were on board on this you would realize these are politically motivated allegations and actions. Should ethnically/religously voilent acts in India, Pakistan, Ireland, some African countries, ... clasify the citizens of these nations as potential terrorists? Should small homosexual population of a country clasify all the citizens of that country as gays or lesbians?

Nothing is more insulting than people saying you being fingerprinted once in a year makes me feel safe.

If you have any questions related to the topic feel free to ask. Otherwise lets not turn this to a political discussion board.

Peace, love and unity.

Originally posted by EB3RIR_MO
This law is for citizens of terrorist sponsoring states not SR countries and not the countries listed in NSEERS program.

If I remember right these countries are Iran (my country), Iraq, Syria, Sudan and North Korea. The list might be missing some countries or might not include 1 or 2 countries that I mentioned. Go to state department website if you want to have the accurate list.

I feel really for the SR process. But I really appreciate that you recognized these countries as terrorist sponsoring states eventhough you come from there.

Enquire in Local off...

Hi EB3.,

R they responding about local off. Processing time or Service center Processing time?

What do you (or the NSC) mean by few months..... 3-4 months or 12 months ... or 26 months ? Sorry for being so cynical.

:rolleyes:

Mugdha

she said they (NSC) are processing Feb. cases. She continued "your case was filed in May so they will get to your case in 3 months". Although I don't agree with her interpretation for some reasons that we all know.