I-485 Processing analysis

Leo485

Registered Users (C)
I did some calculation on Ciba\'s I-485 list, and found the % processed (including RFE, interview and approval) as follows:

ND
Jan01: 96.9%
Feb01: 74.6%
Mar01: 26.1%
Apr01: 9.2%
May01 and later: 0%

It shows cases with ND before Mar01 normally have been processed. CSC seems to process cases batch by batch based on case catagory and ND. In early Aug there was a big surge of FP notice (mainly for ND in Mar and Apr). Assume many ppl did FP right away, then CSC should have received most FP in mid/late Aug. After that they started background check for that batch, which means sending out inquiries to other government dept and wait for the reply. If this was done by the end of Sept, then they started sending another batch of FP notice. Actually we did see a FP notice surge last week (mainly for ND in Apr/May). Assume other depts are more efficient than CSC, then by the end of Oct CSC might receive the majority of the replies for those cases with FP done in Aug. So my prediction is: starting in Mid Nov, we would see lots of I-485 approvals with ND in Mar and Apr.

Of course the world would be so much nicer if INS can be even 1%predictable. This is just my wild guess, which is based on yet one more assumption: CSC will keep focusing on I485.

One more thing I sense is that info from IIO is typically either uesless or misleading.

Let\'s hope for the best.

hope your "NOV theory" is right! 485 approval has been halted so far...

No Title

I don\'t know...

Jan and Feb are mostly approved and you say that you expect many approvals for Mar and Apr starting in mid Nov. So you think that the month between now and mid Nov will be poor in approvals? I don\'t understand why.

Also I don\'t think that INS starts the background check only after FP were taken. Many lucky people got the approval immediately after FP and there was not enough time for background check. It must have been done before FP.