I-485 processing after I-140 was approved for CP

gr66

Registered Users (C)
If I-140 had been approved for CP, it seems like I-485 approval could take longer.

I-140 (for CP) would have been sent to a foreign consulate via NVC.
but VSC needs to retrieve your I-140 before they could further process your I-485.

I don\'t know what happens if I-140 (for CP) sits too long at a Consulate.

Does anybody know what happens exactly in this situation.?

I hope they don\'t trash it if the canditate does not show up for CP in a while.
I hope I-140 (for CP) gets safely returned back to some "storage" (located probably at NVC) if the candidate does not show up at a consulate for CP?

Does anyone have reliable knowledge as to how INS does I-485 processing after I-140 was approved for CP?

I saw a few posts with RD/ND in December 1999 (with I-140 for CP) still waiting for their I-485 approval, whereas a few March \'01 cases have been approved.

Again, does anyone know answer to the following questions:

a) Where would be I-140 approval (for CP) would be located after a year ? whether NVC or consulate.

b) What happens to an I-140 approval notice for CP, that sits too long at a consulate
   (for more than a year) and a candidate files I-485?

c) How long does it normally take for VSC to obtain I-140 (approved for CP) from "storage" ?

d) Could attorney do anything to expedite retrieval of the I-140 from Consulate or the NVC back to VSC?

e) Could candiate directly contact the Consulate to find out if my I-140 (for CP) is still there & have them forward it to VSC?

Let\'s us all pool up knowledge-base on I-485 processing after I-140 (for CP)

Thanks

GR66
PD March 1997
I-140 (for CP) [Nov 2000]
I-485 ND Feb 26 2001
I-485 opened for processing around Nov 15, 2001
Waiting for I-140 to come from "storage"
I am too tired .... God kindly help!!!

I485 waiting; I-140 "stuck" in Consulate

I-485 pending; Waiting to get I-140 (approved for CP) from "storage"
Contacted NVC & Chennai consulate. My I-140 is in at Chennai.
They say INS has to request to transfer the case from Chennai to VSC.

Would the INS automatically know that the I-140 is at Chennai?

Would the transfer to VSC from chennai happen automagically without me having to correspond with the INS/NVC/Consulate ?

Could an IIO help ? or could I file some INS form to make them aware of the situation.

[ NVC automated info line says my attorney had been notified in Dec 2000 & a packet-3 had been sent to the attorney!! but my attorney did not let me know about it even at the time of filing I-485 .
So NVC must have transferred my case to the consulate as default.]

I will appreciate any tips to help get me out of this mess .

Thanks

GR66

PD March 1997
RD Feb 15 2001
ND Feb 26 2001
FD July 2001
I-485 Waiiting for I-140 to come from "storage" since Nov 15 2001

I-140 CP / Applied for I-485 AOS (Rapidigm)

We also in the Same boat. If any body have any solutions for the above messages, it will helpful for all of us.
We spoke to NVC (PH#603-334-0700) and understand as soon as they receive I-140 CP approval information from INS, They will forward the case to concern consulate by default. i.e All our cases are pending with Consulate. In our case our attorny not even informed us (when applying I-485 ) that they applied for CP even we did not ever opt for that. Any information on this topic much valuable to us .

Important note for Rapidigm Consultants:

Who are all applied for I-140 before june 2000, you are all in the same boat. please look at your I-140 approvals. This has done by RIS
intentionally and never informed to the consultants.

thanks

I-140 CP/I-485 AOS

Could you let us know Chennai consulate tel number to call to talk about I-140 .

your reply is appreciated.

thanks

NTR - why do you think it was done intentionally,,

Does the employer has something to gain? I thought CP based I-140 got GC faster than AOS.

Chennai Consulate phone#

Chennai 91-44-811-2060
Tell them your I140 Receipt#

it is attorney\'s fault

my i-140 case is also for CP. However I contacted NVC and learned my case was sent back to INS. According to you, NVC must have send a letter to my attorney and my attonery handled it correctly. In fact in my company everyone\'s I-140 is for CP and no one sees the delay.
In your case, lawyer screw it up and the case was send to oversea.

No Title

All the LAWYER needs to do is to send a response(letter) to NVC on the receipt of the packet 3 saying that YOU are OPTING for I-485.

On receipt of this letter NVC will Keep you I-140 and return it to INS on its request. If not, after 90 days it will send it your consulate abroad.

Immigration lawyers are aware of it.. They are just too LAZY to send the letter.