I-485 Primary approved, Wife's transferred

RDG01

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 approved on 12/15/04 but my wife's transferred to local office in BOSTON, MA.
That message says.... transferred to local office for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BOSTON, MA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

ANY IDEA why????

Same here.
My husband's case transferred to Chicago, but mine (primary) approved.
The transfer notice on the website doesn't mention an interview. It just says: "we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CHICAGO, IL for processing. Our office in CHICAGO, IL will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office".

Do you know of any reasons why your wife's case was transferred. Pregnancies, recent marriage etc...
I've been married for nine years and my husband obviously didn't have any pregnancy-related medical issues, so I am a complete loss here.

RDGO1, Let me congratulate you first on your gc approval.

There are many reasons why your wife's case (is your wife dependent?) was transferred:

1) medical results are not clear or unfinished
2) fingerprint results are not clear
3) misleading information on background history
4) out of status in the past in USA
5) criminal history (shoplifting, several traffice citiations, etc.)
6) security check names are not clear
7) birth certificate is not clear or no enough sufficient
8) need more information from your wife or you like missing documents
9) officers needs to verify any evidence to prove that you and your wife are married (show apt lease agreement, deeds, photos, joint names at bank, both driver license displaying same address to prove that you and your wife live together, etc.)
10) missing visa status (H4 approval notice, or F4 stamp, I-20, etc)
11) I-94 status (maybe you didn't submit or etc.)
12) financial support to demonstrate that you have ability to support your wife (paystubs, tax returns, etc.)
13) random checking
14) if your wife was on B2 (tourist visa) and married you, they need to know why you married her and you must explain or show that marriage is in good faith (officer would think the marriage is fraud).
14) so many reasons..

Your wife will be fine if her case is straightfoward. It will be just formality.

Congratulations on your gc approval and Good luck to your wife. Don't worry. she will be approved.

Last edited by a moderator: