I-485 original file lost by INS/BCIS

Kirit Shah

Registered Users (C)
Hi ! I had an interview with INS/BCIS, Columbus OHIO today. My file was transferred to Local INS on 1/10/2003 and finally they called me for interview on 9/26/03 - today (file date 7/2001, fp 6/2002).

They asked me & my wife to fingerprint again since it was expired. They they took our signature and finger print on a paper. They also took our I-94 from passport. They told me that my original file (A file) is lost. They have opened a temporary file and they are not sure if they can approve my case based on temporary file or not.

My attorney suggested INS officer to return my I-94 back to me so that atleast I can attach them back to my passport. They are not sure how long this can take..

Anyone has any tips ? Is anyone in the same boat as me ?

:mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

same thing with my friend too

Hi,
Same thing happened with one of my friend also (1 year ago) with TSC. He was asked to mail all the documentation again to them to a specific address that is different from the usual mailing address. He did so, and got his approval within 2 weeks from TSC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ram
RD: 12/19/01
ND: 12/27/01
FP: 03/05/02
and since then no activity.

Thanks!

I am really glad to know that your friend's case was approved in 2 weeks. Is there any way, I can talk to him ? I wanted to know his exact dates. I have heard that the new law came after 9/11 and that law prohibits approvals on a temporary files..

Thanks,
Kirit P Shah