I-485 online status message

sunnyday20us

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My green card was approved in the second week of Feb 2004 and my passport stamped end of Feb 2004. Change of employer was notified in the first week of Feb 2004 through a new lawyer. However, the approval notice went to the old lawyer .

I checked my online status(for the status of physical card processing) today and to my surprise (or shock) , I found this

On June 15, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

Did anyone encounter similar situation? Thanks in advance.

sunnyday20us said:
Hi All,
My green card was approved in the second week of Feb 2004 and my passport stamped end of Feb 2004. Change of employer was notified in the first week of Feb 2004 through a new lawyer. However, the approval notice went to the old lawyer .

I checked my online status(for the status of physical card processing) today and to my surprise (or shock) , I found this

On June 15, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 730 and 730 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete

Did anyone encounter similar situation? Thanks in advance.
Call the 800 number and explain them the situation and ask them what is going on. Also write to Ombudsman Khatri pointing out this bizzare processing. Ask him to show this crappy behavior by USCIS to congress. Better yet ask him to join this forum and listen to our woes. He can learn more here then by visiting offices ... :D

sunnyday20us said:
any takers?
Joint the club:

I have same situation. Mine was stamped in Feb 2004, and online status change to

" ON april 27th 2004, we have received your I-485 for ..... we will mail you .. as soon as decesion ..."

please update if your message is change yet or ... any information regarding that.

Thanks in Advance. :confused:
------------------
RD: Jan 2002
FP: May 2003
2nd FP: Sep 2003
Case transfer to local office: Nov. 2003
PP: Feb 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Call the INS customer service and ask for second level officer for exact information. If that does not work, then make a congressional enquiry. Then you will know exactly what happened.

Hi b2004,
thanks for your post.Hope its a computer bug. When I call the automated system, its unable to locate the record.
By the way, is yours a AC-21 case?
Thanks in advance.

regards
sunnyday

Thanks for your reply.

No, (I think AC-21 is for change of employer).
I am still working for the same employer. I was trying to call 800 no but line was busy for so long, automated message is same as online. Will try to talk to someone on Monday.

Please keep updated if you find any clue.

Thanks.

This me again

Hi:

I called BCIS today. It was nice talking to a lady. She said all she can do is to send inquiry for me. There is no inqury no. all I have is her name and her agent no.

Plus keep every thing on hand. She ask for my A#, RD, Address, phone no, old address(I moved to new place), …
I dont received any thing to my new address and she asked me that how do you know that you need to go to local office. (I received a notice for interview before moving).
She said wait for 4weeks for them to respond. They are going to mail me duplicate approval. (hopefully :) )

She don’t have any information for me.

I hope this will help.
Thanks.

I have a scanned list of numbers for Jan 8th VCS cases. and when I was checking some of the un-approved/ Transfered cases. I come across similar message 'Receved on April 29th 2004......" for some of the Transferred cases..
I thought something fishy and left it, as it's not my case ;) thinking that.. may be they are re-transferring some cases back to VSC (playing tennis with us). :mad:

hi b2004,
thanks for the message. I am going to call the INS sometime next week and find out whats going on. Been so busy with work .

Any one in same situation?

This is the online status message now : (not sure whether they are re processing the alien registration card or making a green card ). Help appreciated.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

CONGRATULATIONS:

Mine is still same. But seems like they might start working on Feb approvals.
Did you call INS, also which service centre you are with.

Thanks.

Thanks. Mine was filed at VSC, stamping done in San Bernardino,CA.

I called INS, the lady told the case got transferred. But, I told, I got approved already. She put on hold to talk to an officer and the line got cut.

I checked the status today and I found the new message.

Looks like, they are going to make a green card and mail it. Don't know long it will take though.

sunnyday20us,
Was your new address San Bernardino?
Can you go to any location for satmping?
Thanks

sb_tiger,
My home address is in southern CA and was working for a client here. However , my first company that filed green card was located in New York. Hence the filing center was VSC.

New Status message today :)

On July 7, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Hi:

I called USCIS today. She send inquiry again and said you can also send G-731.
After that I called my lawyer and he said you should have received it by now and advice me to go to the local office and check with them.

Seems like I should have done it before :(

What i learn is that calling USCIS doesn't help, one should go to local office to find out if they have send the file and ...?

Hope this will help to those have situation like me. :rolleyes: