I-485 Name check

ftl4858368

Dear Folks,

This is my first time to join in this forum. The USCIS centre told me that my I-485 is pending becuase of NAME CHECK in FBI. Could anyone tell me the contact information of FBI?

I appreciate very much if you can provide me the Telphone, FAX, or Email of FBI or you can share your thought with me.

Thanks,

FTL4858368

I got background check letter too

I filed my I485 on 12/15/04. Waitting until now. I called CSC, they sent me a letter today:

"The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on the case...."

Is back ground check = name check?

How to contect with background check dept?

Thanks

I have the similar situation. But my case was processed in Honolulu Hawaii. Is CA center the one who is going to process the background check or the name check? I have waited about 8 months since 9/06 so far and have 1 inquiry from the attorney that basically said the same thing..."check not yet complete"

All my other applications are done and interview was short and simple. Are they going to expire any time soon and I have to redo them? Can anyone tell me if they would have another interview when come times to remove the conditional residency?

Per the email above, is it safe to email and bug FBI about the name check?

There is not much you can do about name check. Just wait, wait, wait, wait and wait. I am not sure which interview you are refering to. Trust me, compared to name check any interview would be like a breeze. Your biggest problem is the name check which can take years and you may not be able to do much. thanks
Ela
I have the similar situation. But my case was processed in Honolulu Hawaii. Is CA center the one who is going to process the background check or the name check? I have waited about 8 months since 9/06 so far and have 1 inquiry from the attorney that basically said the same thing..."check not yet complete"

All my other applications are done and interview was short and simple. Are they going to expire any time soon and I have to redo them? Can anyone tell me if they would have another interview when come times to remove the conditional residency?

Per the email above, is it safe to email and bug FBI about the name check?

I am referring to the I-485 interview. My only one was easy and brief. Now that I think about it, I don't think we are that prepared. Just got married 2 months and then the interview.

Yes, this just sad to have to wait. My attorney told me that the other clients that she got didn't have such a long wait. I guess it is all draw of a luck so something like that at this point. We are in the mercy of FBI for the sack of Name check.

Thanks

I am referring to the I-485 interview. My only one was easy and brief. Now that I think about it, I don't think we are that prepared. Just got married 2 months and then the interview.

Yes, this just sad to have to wait. My attorney told me that the other clients that she got didn't have such a long wait. I guess it is all draw of a luck so something like that at this point. We are in the mercy of FBI for the sack of Name check.

Thanks

I agreed with you that sometimes it depends on luck. I have been stucked with background check/name check since 08/2005, right after our marriage-based I-485 interview that went smooth. Since then, I have been bugging USCIS and learned to be patient to wait for fbi to clear the background check.

Good luck!