I-485 interview and criminal arrest - Please help

dvkboy

Registered Users (C)
My case & my wife case transferred to local office at Newark NJ from Vermont NSC in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct interview.
My wife is in H4.

1. Do I need to face the interview with an attorney? Could anyone please suggest good immigration attorneys who deals this kind of cases at NJ?
2. If anyone was or is or will be in my situation, could you post your advises or send me a private message or a mail please?

Reason for arresst:
in Jail. I came out bail on Feb 10th. This charge was heard by the Superior Court of the State of California,on April 4, 2006. The complaint was discharged on the same day because the court found there was not sufficient evidence for the District Attorney to prosecute.

I will give a brief summary of the incident.

My son is a very picker eater. Because of his eating habits, we often had to struggle to feed him. On or about Feb 9, I hit my son with a metal spoon because he was not eating. In
the process, he incurred small cuts in his hands and arms. He had also incurred bruises on
his leg and cuts on his chest and shoulders due to a falling accident. His teacher noticed
these minor injuries and reported the incident to the school Social Worker.

I am EB2 based.
Finger Print Notice Date 5/31/06 Date of Appointment at NJ : 6/20/06
Finger Print Finished Date 6/14/2006 at CA

RFE on EAD Notice Date 7/6/2006
RFE on ADP Notice Date 7/6/2006
Replied to RFE EAD on 7/20/06
Replied to RFE EAD on 7/20/06

Your help is greatly appreciated!!