I-485 / I-94 Help

Vampyrplanck

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I'm finally wrapping up and filling my I-130, I-485 and what not. The problem we ran into was that we do not have my I-94 from when I entered the US. When I first entered we hired an attorney to help us sort things out, he filed for an extension of stay, used the I-94 and we never got it back, he didn't help us fix anything and here we are 3 years later trying to fix it ourselves and we dont have the I-94. I have the I-94 number, but I dont know the exact dates I entered the US or anything else. Do I need to file to get one? Could I place a letter with the forms explaining the situation?

Same as above for the I-765 which also requires the I-94.

Also, what would I need to put down as my current USCIS status? I have overstayed my stay here, obviously, and so I am not even sure what my status would be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
the I-765 states in the instructions to enclose a copy of the front and back of the I-94, so even if I figure out the date of entry, will I be able to get away with not sending it? Or am I gonna have to file an I-102 and get another copy of my I-94?

Unfortunately, yes, you have to fill 102 - replacement of lost 1-94. The price tag? $350:rolleyes: You can write the date of entry from your passport. For the 1-94 number space - put None. File it concurrently with the rest of the forms. You don't want your package returned to you, so just file it. I have been through this:p