I 485 Hold. How does it affect local INs interview?

localins

Registered Users (C)
I heard from my attorney that The INS currently has a hold on closing out all adjustment of status cases.

when did this happen as I just received the interview letter from chicago local INS yesterday in the mail.

I already have to cancel my tickets as the interview date is clashing with my trip and now I was hoping that I can go after the interview?

Will it mean that I cannot plan my trip and will have to wait further for the final approval?

Anybody having recent interview experiece at chicago local INS? Please share the experience?

Do they stamp I-551 on the same day or ask you to come back again later for I-551 stamp.

If yes do they send another appointment letter and do we have to continue to wait for that letter.

Please share the experiece

As far as I know there is no official hold or freeze on processing I 485 at INS. There is the usual delay and disgusting lethargy compounded by all the reorganization shit.

I am not sure if it is official Moratorium on approvals or an excuse from local INS, I was told after the interview that there is a temp hold on case adjudications.
Check out under "Detroit Local INS Transfer" thread for more info.

bopp3: Where did you go for your interview? When was that and did you receive any letter from local INs informing that the case has been approved. How long was that after the interview. Does it say that you have to go at a specific time and date for I-551 stamp..or you can go anytime

Thanks for sharing

My RD - Jan 2001