i-485 got approved

guts

Registered Users (C)
Guys
My spouse I-485 got approved on June 3 2002. I heard it on AVM last night and could not believe it. I had got my approval on May 9th 2002
Here are my spouse details:

Recevied Date : 05/15/2001
Notice Date : 06/18/2001.
FingerPrinting Date : 12/15/2001.
RFE for Birth Certificate sent on 4/9/2002
RFE responsed on 5/16/2002
AVM updated regarding RFE : 5/18/2002
Approval Date: 6/3/2002

I cannot believe that her case got approved in about 2 weeks after submitting the RFE. Her RFE was about BC and I got a non availibilty letter from Indian Government and 4 affidavits and her Baptiam certiufcate. It was a great hassle to get the non availibilty certificate form India but........

I would like to thank each and every one of you in the board to keep posting their experiences(good or bad). I hope everybody out there get their approval at the earliest. I would like ot thank Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site.

Please let me know if there are any other question

Good Luck
God Bless
Have a nice life

Non availibilty Certificate

This is to certify that record have been searched by the municiplity(India) for a few years including your year of birth and that the birth record is not found. Normally there is a municipality issued standard format for this certificate. You need to get it since the RFE from NSC that I recevied clearly stated that this is a requirement if the birth certificate does not exist. Also affidavits from parents and relatives and other supporting documents can be considered secondary evidence. But the tragic thing is that the municpality odes not issue this certificate for people born after 1969. so you have to go through lots of hoops and b.... to get it. I had to really struggle to get it. I really feel that my spouse gt her approval based on this certificate that I provided. Maybe there are other cases that go approved with out this certificate, but i am posting my experience. Hope this helps

Thanks

Good Luck

RFE for BC do we need to send Employment Letter

can anybody answer for me please Thanks in advance