I -485 Form Submitted ( Wrong Information ) Please Help!!!

test987

Registered Users (C)
All,
In short, I was reviewing my filing papers for I-485 in that my lawyer submitted the papers with Marital Status as Single instead of Divorced.

Please help, How this can be rectified. Is it doable or not. Any suggestions are appreciated. I am trying to talk to other immigration lawyers also, But if someone can help me here will be great.

I have received FP Notice.

ND: 09/15/2003

Thanks.

Something like that should not be big deal. I suppose there would be some way amendement/clarification- the lawyer should know.

All it takes is to have your lawyer send a correction letter. A simple letter saying so and so correction to be done on the application. Its not a big mistake. So, keep your cool.

pv1976 said:
All it takes is to have your lawyer send a correction letter. A simple letter saying so and so correction to be done on the application. Its not a big mistake. So, keep your cool.

I completely agree. It's a small matter and you don't need to talk to many lawyers about such a small thing.

I did talk to my attorney and he said the Information on the form is correct but there is inconsitency in the biographic information. It's written none in the column of former wives/husbands.

Here is what the reply is
We noted the inconsistency on your file. We will deal with it when the issue arrises from the service center. Please note that it will be difficult for service center to match any paperwork which we send to correct to amend the inconsistency at this pont.Therefore, we will deal with it when the issue arrises.

I don't know whether this makes sense or not. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.