I-485 filing date

raguraam

Registered Users (C)
I know everyone wants to get their application reach INS by Jul-1st. Does it really make a difference whether 485 is filed on Jul-1st or 2nd or for that matter 31st?

I know everyone wants to get their application reach INS by Jul-1st. Does it really make a difference whether 485 is filed on Jul-1st or 2nd or for that matter 31st?

Usually earlier Receipt Date will get priority when USCIS is processing the cases. That is why the rush in filing the cases on 1st July.

Nope, they are using RD to process the cases. They are still processing old cases.
I think none of the cases filled in June are being touched yet.

Whoever has more info please let us know.
Thanks.-

Like to know how the process goes..

1. July 31st - PD 2003 (E.g. This guy waited for her spouse to return, Lawyers took all the sweet time...whatever reasons be..)
2. July 1st - PD 2007
3. July 2nd - PD 2005

And if in Oct 2007 bulletin (Where retrogession is possible)

1. All dates are still current - In this case, 2 and 3 will be picked up and then July 31st case will be picked at last.
2. Retrogressed to 2005 -
a. Do they process PD 2007 case before PD2005?
3. Retrogressed to 2003 -
Do they need to process all the cases filed before 31st July to start processing PD2003 case?

Basically wondering how received date and priority date will be used to process the cases.

Like to know how the process goes..

1. July 31st - PD 2003 (E.g. This guy waited for her spouse to return, Lawyers took all the sweet time...whatever reasons be..)
2. July 1st - PD 2007
3. July 2nd - PD 2005

And if in Oct 2007 bulletin (Where retrogession is possible)

1. All dates are still current - In this case, 2 and 3 will be picked up and then July 31st case will be picked at last.
2. Retrogressed to 2005 -
a. Do they process PD 2007 case before PD2005?
3. Retrogressed to 2003 -
Do they need to process all the cases filed before 31st July to start processing PD2003 case?

Basically wondering how received date and priority date will be used to process the cases.

They will process cases by PD and not RD and it does make perfect sense to do so. If they do otherwise and visa numbers are over, leaving older PD cases with later RDs stuck, I won't be surprised if USCIS is hauled to court by many applicants. Why should a person who has been stuck for years due to retrogression stay unadjudicated while a person who has got applied fairly recently enjoy the fruits of GC ?

Check a few threads and you'll find gurus like RealCanadian and Ginnu saying that it'll be processed by PD.

However having said this, strange are the ways of the USCIS :rolleyes:

Bravo!! Bravo!!

I will be among the first ones to sue & screw the USCIS if they go by RD instead of PD.

They will process cases by PD and not RD and it does make perfect sense to do so. If they do otherwise and visa numbers are over, leaving older PD cases with later RDs stuck, I won't be surprised if USCIS is hauled to court by many applicants. Why should a person who has been stuck for years due to retrogression stay unadjudicated while a person who has got applied fairly recently enjoy the fruits of GC ?

Check a few threads and you'll find gurus like RealCanadian and Ginnu saying that it'll be processed by PD.

Can you post some of those links?