:I-485 filed. Can I do I-140 Amendment before RFE?

GC????

Filed I-485 in July 2001 (ND= 08/28/01). PD=01/99. My I-140 was approved in Aug 2000 (took One year for approval and was waiting for the date to be current). In the mean time the company name changed (mid of 2000). I requested my attorney then for I-140 Amendment. He said not required. But now I find almost every one is getting RFE, when asked the attorney to do I-140 amendment now, he says now it will be counter productive so when we get an RFE we can do it. But unfortunately looks like there might be a layoff any time soon. My question is if I am extremely lucky and stay till Dec 2001. and then I get an RFE and immediately after submitting the I-140 Amendment and the Company layoff me after 180 days from my RD/ND and I-140 is still not approved. What happens to my process. There is no chance to request in the company (new company) to continue the process because this is a huge company with strict policies.
Is there any chance that if this company layoff me before 180 days we can continue with EAD and start from I-140 from another company? I do not have anymore H1 time too.

When is I-140 Amendment necessary ????

Hello,

Could you please give more details on I140 amendmnet....
What situation I140 amendment is necessary... My I140 approved on Company X and Company Y acquired Company X...Still I filed my I485 on company X name... Do I have to worry about I140 amendment...

Thanks in advance for the reply

No Title

Yes. From CSC centre many of the are getting RFE for I-140 amendment (you can check on Rajiv Khanna\'s website too at www.immigration.com) if 1) The company name changed or 2) Company\'s Tax ID changed or 3) If company is merged or 4) The company is acquired.

My understanding is basically any change of company info on I-140 to I-485 we will get a RFE in CSC.

My question was what is the problem of applying for the amendment when we already know that we are going to get an RFE for I-140 amendment.