I-485 filed and now H1-H1 transfer - URGENT - help me gurus !!!

chipdesigner

Hi Gurus..

I just filed for I-485 with my present company A. But it looks like they are going to lay me off
in another couple months. But they can keep me on the payroll for few more months till I get
the GC in hand, but on a pay based on part-time work. Anyways now can I find another job
and file for H1-H1 and start working for new company B on full time basis and still remain
in company A\'s payroll on part-time basis hoping to get the GC.

This is a very tricky situation, where I dont want to give up my GC process and not be stuck with company A on a lower part-time based pay either.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise..

chipdesigner

No Title

With the way economy is reacting, many of us are in the same boat.
I have a same situation where I am concerned that I may be laid off if the things go drastic with my company. I will suggest that you better experiment with your negotiation skills with the company and try to remain on their payroll. Experts can comment on the H-1B transfer

No Title

Is there any other way that you can keep yourself on the payroll when company running out of money? How about to find a company to work with, and that company is willing to pay your original company, and you continue to get pay check from the old company? Sort of like contractor. Is this going to work when you\'ve been in GC for a long time and only a few months away to get it? Any potential problem?

Would appreciate any comments regarding this.

A GC waiter

No Title

Well, I know a friend who was working for a company sponsoring his green card. Sometimes the company sent him out and work for another company as consultant, and sometimes work internally, depend on project. He already got green card.

Any more comments regarding this?

GC waiter