I-485 Denied for IORMYX, Inc formerly ISSI

No Title

So when a company changes its name, one should notify INS and everything will be all right? The reason I am asking is my company will be changing names in the next cpl of months while reserving the right to "doing business as" the former company (this is more to avoid changes in existing contracts). Company immigration attorneys indicated that some forms have to filled with the INS.

But in the last few days, there have been several posts indicating that - if company changed after applying for I140/I485 you are screwed!!!

I dont know what is the right thing to do. This whole thing is very frustating and the fact that no two IIOs have the same answer (other than the routine about 30-60 days) is not helping things either. Any suggestions...?

No Title

Please post all the details in the denial.
It is good not to be panic until we all know the complete details of what the applicant has done and what immigration has done.

Thanks

No Title

Dear friends ,

I work for a company AAAA , they are in a process of changing the name . But the tax Id is going to remain same. This is going to create any problem to my I485 stage.

I just got approved my I-140 and filed for I485 still I haven’t received the receipt. Just now I heard from my employer that they might change the name of the company.

Please do post the precautionary measures to care of my I-485.

No Title

Your company needs to notify INSand file an amended 140 aplication on your behalf. According to info I have you need tot re file 485. Please check with lawyer.

No Title

Golti, don\'t make statements like that. They cannot deny 485. If they deny, the person has to leave the country.
They might have asked him to file amended 140 and then 485.
Never post others info without knowing in full detail.

No Title

I agree. This guy, Golti does not know the facts clearly and without realizing it, is creating panic. I had to call my Attorney and he almost shouted at me when I told him 485 can be denied because of a name change in the comapny. Still I am not sure, It keeps bothering me. Can anyone else comment. You can never trust your Attorney to do a good job in this country.

No Title

Are you sure that the 485 is "denied" or just asked to either refile/explain (such as in an RFE). Please confirm. Because this news causes consternation for many a 485 waiter. My company changed it\'s name too. It was Integrated XXXX Services now it is IXS Engineers. The names are pretty close and nothing else has changed including the management and tax ID. All it is that they wanted to hit a diff. market place.

Please post complete details ASAP.

Thanks

No Title

I do not think we should discurage people like golti.Since though it creates some amoutn of panic,we can always keep checking and then this kind of discussions willbe followed by lots of others who know the facts..and we can get a clear picture.Since one person in my company has got his I-485 approved even though our company name was changed after filing I-485,I think maybe be Golti\'s firned would have got something like and RFE for intent to deny.Hope so!

No Title

Sure you are GoltiBoy Number1. Why are you spreading rumers like this.
Get a life....

No Title

meera nairx, do you mean that after he filed i485 the co name changed but he did not have to do anything about it OR did he have to refile i140 and go thru the whole process of I14o approval and then refile I485. Please give me the details of the process if name changes almos after a yr of filing I485. Thanks

No Title

This responds to the claim that an I-485 was denied for Iormyx because of it\'s name change. I represent Iormyx in immigration matters. To the best of my knowledge no I-485 has been denied because of the name change (nor is there any legal reason why an I-485 should be denied because of a name change). Inaccurate statements like this should not be posted on this or other websites.

Farhat Ahmed:
Attorney for Iormyx, Inc.

No Title

Only CSC is prepared to hold I485 for an amended I140. VSC, TSC and NSC have a policy of denying the I485 if everything is not in order. See www.immigration-law.com breaking news section on 8/21/00. Here\'s a piece of it:

"According to the AILA conference of 08/17/00 with the INS, the INS HQ refuses to take a uniform policy as to how the Service Centers should handle such amended I-140 petition. According to the AILA, each Service Center takes different positions as follows:
CSC=willing to delay EB-485 decision until the amended I-140 petition is approved.
TSC, NSC, VSC=will consider expediting the amended I-140 petition on a case-by-case basis and would consider such corporate changes as a ground for expedite. In these Service Centers, it is thus imperative that the employer pushes and call the agency\'s attention to the changed circumstances and strongly request "expedite." Otherwise, there still remains a danger that pending EB-485 is adjudicated and denied, should they learn that such changes have taken place. This reporter\'s experience indicates that the contractors in the Service Centers are not attuned to this issue for expedite and they tend to deny such request using the tranditional standards for expedite such as aging-out, humanitarian, extreme exigency, etc. "

No Title

I know about this company ,,,,,,,,,,

They confuse employees in all matters,even the name change from ISS Inc, to IORMYX is one of their tatics to delay in making their employees getting their green cards delayed........ or denied (if six year limit is over for the employee, so that they can bring the same slave after one year on a fresh H1)

I feel pity for the people working for this company and hope no new people fall in their traps.

The days are numbered for the people who pratice evil things ... beware......