I-485 Case transferred to PHILADELPHIA, PA

turbo8

Registered Users (C)
Hello, guys, I just checked online information, and to my surprise I found this message for me and my spouse.

On March 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in PHILADELPHIA, PA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in PHILADELPHIA, PA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

It is good news or bad news? What do I need to do next? How long do we need to wait? Anybody have similar experience in Philly?

Thank you for your advice and help!

turbo8

Hi,
U have no choice now but to wait to hear from Philly office.. and thsi does take a long time... i don't mean to dishearten u .. but the reality is this. ther eis another message board u may want to check... trasferrred to local offices.. under that ther eis philly office transfered pople too.. a couple of them who were transferred in january or may of 2003 have received a interview letter this month... so u get the idea!! anywyas.. take it easy!

Philly office is one of the slowest!

turbo8,

Do you know why your case is transferred? Is anything special with it, like change of job, etc? Thanks

Hello, HateINS2,

I guess the reason is that mine is NIW case. A lot of people on this website say nowadays all NIW cases need interview.

It seems most NIWs were transferred..

At least according to this forum.

Does anyone know a NIW case get approved without interview in recent 6 months?