I-485 case transferred to Chula Vista CA

ajitkc

Hi,

I got the following letter from USCIS on March 14 2006 ( both for me and my wife )

Preliminary processing of the above application has been completed and it has been transferred to the INS office at

Chula Vista Customer Service , Chula Vista CA

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition.

Following are my questions :

1) How long does it take get an appointment for an interview ?

2) Does it help to call up and try to setup an interview ?

3) What kind of documents should I carry with me during the interview ?

4) I haven't changed my job. But I do get married after filing my 485. Is this the reason why the INS has a transferred my case to the local office ?

5) Any other info will be highly appreciated ?

BTW I have filed for my 3rd EAD. My 485 was submitted on Oct 2003.

Thanks
-Ajit

I have the similar problem. Would somebody like share information with us?

I filed I-140/I-485 in Sep, 2005 (EB2-NIW) and got my I-140 approved in Jan., 2006. I was noticed by USCIS that my I-485 was transfer in Feb, 2006 to local office (Lousville, KY) for interview. My lawyer requested the waiver of
interview when he filed I-140/485 for me. My question is in what situation I-485 could be trransferred to local office (EB2-NIW). I didn't change job, even mailing address.

chengz said:
I have the similar problem. Would somebody like share information with us?

I filed I-140/I-485 in Sep, 2005 (EB2-NIW) and got my I-140 approved in Jan., 2006. I was noticed by USCIS that my I-485 was transfer in Feb, 2006 to local office (Lousville, KY) for interview. My lawyer requested the waiver of
interview when he filed I-140/485 for me. My question is in what situation I-485 could be trransferred to local office (EB2-NIW). I didn't change job, even mailing address.

local office transfer

hi

how did you guys know your cases were transferred to local office
was there a LUD change before it happened,,,did the online message change saying that case was transferred to local office?

thanks

Coud you tell me what LUD means? Online status just shows that case will be
transfer to local offce. The content is the same as the notice (hard copy).

ajitkc said:
Hi,

I got the following letter from USCIS on March 14 2006 ( both for me and my wife )

Preliminary processing of the above application has been completed and it has been transferred to the INS office at

Chula Vista Customer Service , Chula Vista CA

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition.

Following are my questions :

1) How long does it take get an appointment for an interview ?

My took 4 months after the transfer notice.

2) Does it help to call up and try to setup an interview ?

You can use InfoPass if you don't receive interview notice after 3-4 months. But it might not be very helpful -- they will never promise you when your interview will be scheduled.

3) What kind of documents should I carry with me during the interview ?

For you and your wife (if applies)
· employment letter
· W2 forms, 2002-2005
· IRS tax return transcripts/or copy of filed return, last three years.
· Most recent 3-4 pay stubs
· diploma; transcript; professional certificates
· Copies of filing documents: I-485; I-140, H1/H4 forms; EAD/AP etc
· Passports; I-94 forms; Driver’s licenses; I-20 forms; Social security cards

For your bona fida marriage
· Birth certificates
· Marriage certificates
· Rental lease agreements (with both names)
· Bank statement (with both names)
· Health insurance cards

4) I haven't changed my job. But I do get married after filing my 485. Is this the reason why the INS has a transferred my case to the local office ?

probably

5) Any other info will be highly appreciated ?

BTW I have filed for my 3rd EAD. My 485 was submitted on Oct 2003.

Thanks
-Ajit