I-485 Backlog by Country

jgor2000

Hi Everyone I think this Forum is a great opportunity to share personal experiences and get some kind of moral support considering how long and painful is for a legal immigrant to finally become a Permanent Resident: with that being said I'd like to pick your brain and get your opinion on my personal case. I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section: if that's the case would you be so kind to direct me to the pertaining forum?

On October 2009 my Company filed for PERM Cert. and I finally got approved. My Company's Lawyer is about to file the I-140 (How long do you think it will take?) and after that step they'll go ahead with I-485 for adjustment of status. Here comes my question (If anyone knows): as you all know I-485 applications are backlogged with applications filed prior to December 2004. My lawyer gave me the impression I might have to wait for 6 years. Is he being prudent or that's a concrete possibility? I'm an Italian Citizen.
Clearly this is a life changing opportunity and I'd like to collect all the data available.
Thank you in advance.