Receipt Number: WAC-01-135-*****
Receive Date: Feb 28, 2001
Notice Date: Mar 20, 2001
Fingerprints: Aug 15, 2001
FP approved by FBI: Aug 21, 2001
INS received FP (according to IIO): Oct 15, 2001
Case assigned to Immigration officer: Oct 25, 2001
Approval Date: Nov 07, 2001

I received 2nd FP notice on 10/14/2001 with appointment date of 11/1/2001. I started new job after 180+ days. New company\'s attorney send change of employment letter to INS.

Thanks a lot for splendid support though the journey was not too long. Good luck to all.

How and what did you inform INS on change of employment?

First of all, pls accept my Congratulations. I am eager to know about the documents sent while informing the change of employer and also is it mandatory?
When did you inform INS exactly?

I appreciate for sharing your practical case as there are so many of us like that who got laid off and changed employer after 180+ days.

Thanks,

No Title

Thanks. I hit 180th day in 3rd week of August. I was with my last company till the end of August and on payroll till mid-Sep.

I started new job in 2nd week on Sep and attorney send change of employment letter to INS 4 days after I joined. Lawyer was of the view that by law he needs to inform INS.

In change of employment letter, he clearly stated my job title, job description and salary and emphasized that my new job responsibilities are very similar of what I was doing in my last job. Lawyer explicitly stated the transition was made after 180+ days. Letter was accompanied by job advertisement on new company\'s letter head.

Feel free if you have more concerns. Thanks once again.

Ashraf : Did you have an EAD?

Ashraf:

Congrats!

Do you require an EAD for switching companies after 180+ days.

Thanks

Attn: AmanAshraf. Did you use ur EAD card with the new employer?

Did you use ur EAD card with the new employer? or Did the new employer file a H-1 for you?

Thanks

No Title

Thanks. I \'ve EAD but you don\'t necessarily need it to switch job. It\'s always safe to go for HI transfer.

Congrats Ashraf! Looks like u did RD+180.

Looks like u switched RD+180 (correct me if I am mistaken) and got approved...coz some lawyers are of the opinion that it should be ND+180. You seem to be the example to prove them wrong.

No Title

You are right. I switched after 180 days from RD. The counter starts from RD and not ND. I confirmed this with 3 lawyers.