I-485 Approved

Username

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I-485 Approved

Woooooohooooo

My wife called me at work and told me that there was a letter from INS for me in the mail box. I had her open it and read it. It was the Approval Letter.

You have no idea (OK, some of you do) how exciting it is to hear that. I have been waiting for this moment for 16 years. I came to US with F1 student visa (high school) 16 years ago and have since been looking forward to this day. I have not left US for 16 years fearing I could not come back inside. Now I plan to travel to Europe, Canada, Asia, etc.

Ciba, please update my record.

Name: UserName
Category: EB3 (RIR)
WAC#: 01-042-xxxxx
INS: CSC
PD: N/A
RD: Nov 15, 2000
ND: Nov 30, 2000
FP: March 15, 2001
EAD: 1stEAD

Approval Letter received on April 20, 2001

In the letter it said that I should go to local INS office (Phoenix) at my earliest convenience and take the following document (passport, pictures, etc) to have my passport stamped. No set date. So I’ll go next week.

1. So how long does it usually take to get the actual plastic card after they stamp my passport?
2. What happens when my passport expires in 2 years and I have to get a new one? Do I go in and have INS stamp it again?

Good luck to everyone who is waiting for their approval letter. And a HUGE thanks to Ciba for maintaining the I-485 tracking list.

--Username

No Title

So I came home and read the Approval letter. One of the items they had listed to bring with me is my I-94. I have about 6 different I-94s. Which one do they want? When I came to US 16 years ago, I got an I-94 paper. Since then, each time I applied for H1 or changed employer, I got a new I-94 attached to bottom of H1B approval letter.

To make it more complicated...
I also got married to a US citizen in June 2000 and filed I-130 and I-485 in August. Then in September when my I-140 got approved, I filed for a new I-485 throught my employer.

So now, I had two different I-485 being processed at the same time.

This was my lawyer\'s recommendation because this way, which ever one gets approved first, we\'ll use that one and cancel the other one.

So when I filed I-485 through marriage, I truned over my original I-94. The Immigration Officer told me that I had to trun it over to them. Now I don\'t have my original I-94, but I have this I-485 approval that my require my original I-94. So when I go to INS next week for passport stamping and applying for the plastic card, are they going to ask for the original I-94 or do any other I-94 (from my H1B visas) will do?

What happens if someone looses their I-94 and they get their I-485 approval letter?
Will the INS still give them green card?
What is the purpose of handing over I-94?
Is it really that important or just a formality or do they actually have to have it to proceed to the next step?
Will a copy of this I-94 be good enough?
Has anyone gone to INS with their approval letter and not have their I-94?

I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.

--Username

No Title

Congrats!!
If you have your I-94 from your last h1-b visa it should be good. Please advise of your experience in Phoenix.

No Title

Hi Username,

Congratulations! I missed your post and therefore did not update
your record in the update posted on 04/21/01. I will do so in
this coming Tuesday\'s update.

I know the feeling of staying in the country for so long for fear
of not being able to come back. I felt the same before.

Take all the I-94s you have (white card, those attached to I-797
approval notice, etc). Turing I-94 at the time of stamping is
only a formality (for update their computer records). Your status
has been checked during I-485 process. They will not check
anything at the time of stamping. Don\'t worry!

Good luck for the stamping. And have fun travelling all over
the world!

ciba