I-485 Approved - Walk-in or Appointment

SpeedLimit5

Registered Users (C)
I received my I-485 Approval notice today! WOOHOO

It does not indicate to take an appointment (Like mentionned on most threads)... It just says : "You may appear at the above office on the days an times specified: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 1:00 p.m."

Nothing about any appointment thing on the letter?

I will get the ADIT pictures taken over the next 2 days (for the whole familly) and go ASAP.

Any advice for ORLANDO? (day/time preference etc?)
I-140 AD : July 9, 2004
I-485 AD : July 14, 2004 (Under the new Pilot Program for concurrent filing)
AD Letter Received : July 19, 2004

Congratulations

Did you have to send a letter to USCIS to inform them your FP was going to expire soon?

GCFreak

I don't think the approval letter will tell you that. Check up the USCIS webpage and see if it is on the list of centers that requires an infopass appt.

GCFreak said:
Did you have to send a letter to USCIS to inform them your FP was going to expire soon?

Funny you should ask! My attorney sent a letter on June 20th to inquire about the status of my I-140... At this point it was still showing LUD : 5/29/2003. On the fax inquiry she wrote (Please send a FP appointment, previous FP are almost expired).

Did it make a difference ???? maybe??

You need to schedule an appointment

They won't let you in, unless and until you have an appointment. You can do it online using infopass. The reason can be " to talk to an officer". The person I know went their for passport stamping and stood in the line 2 hrs, later to know that, they will not let you in without an appointment. The walk-ins are allowed only in the emergency situation.