I-485 approved, passport stamped!

csc2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to say that my GC got approved a few days back. Relatively new to this forum and this is my first post. I thought I\'d wait to report on my experience at the INS office in San Jose before posting details:

Category - EB2/India
WAC-01-136-XXXXX
PD - 3/99
I-485 RD - 3/06/01
      ND - 3/21/01
      EAD/AP - 7/01
      FP - 8/7/01
      Approved - 9/6/01
      PP stamped - 9/20/01

These dates are the same for me and my spouse - we filed our I-485s together. We got a duplicate FP notice a few weeks back. As per the notice, we ignored it since it was within 60 days of our first FP.

We went to the San Jose INS office on Thursday. Got there at 3am and there were already 50 people in line. At least 200 more people in line when the doors opened at 7am. We got called at 9:30 and were out in 10 minutes.

All of us have experienced delays and other problems with processing, but I was very impressed with how professional the INS was yesterday. This is especially in light of the tragic events of last week. It looked like business as usual there.

Good luck to everyone. I hope you get your approvals soon too!

Special thanks to Ciba for his amazing help to all of us.

CSC_2001

Congrats, my friends!!

This sure is good news for all March \'01 mailers like myself. May God bless all 485ers.

Prroof of Employment

Since your RD to AD was exactly 6 months, did INS ask you for proof of employment...say paychecks or a letter.

Thanks,
Madman

Congratulations! and a question.

Congratulations, and enjoy your freedom and peace of mind. I have a quesiton for you, same one as I asked to other person who got approval: Did you got all the immunization required for immigration?

No proof of employment

Nope - didn\'t get asked for any proof of employment, although I was carrying some recent paystubs in case it came up.

And yes, get all the immunizations that were required.

All the best.

CSC_2001